motivation please

Options
Hey evryone I have been peaking through all the success stories and everyone looks amazing I am very very new to calorie counting as I use to do slimming world and I am still unsure which one would be most effective I need to lose 50 pounds in six months for a wedding so I was wondering I anyone could share their story with me on how long it took them to get to goal weight and what the average calorie intake daily is?? Really need some inspiration and advice please thanku xxx

Replies

• CassandraD82
    CassandraD82 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to let My Fitness Pal determine you daily quota based on your daily activity, current and goal weight. Then get ready to drink lots of water, eat (fairly) sensibly, and walk and the pounds will start to disappear.

You could be posting your success story with wedding photos soon! Be strong!
  • c3js80
    c3js80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Aggh. I was in your position 2 years ago. My daughter was getting married in the summer and I wanted to get rid of the 50 lbs. I've gained and lost more times than I can remember. I basically counted calories and joined a gym. I did not know about this site, so I just wrote down everything I ate and tried to keep it 1200 calories or less. Like you, I gave myself 6 months. I got somewhat discouraged because i didn't loose a lot each week. But actually, it was better that way because I was able to change the way I eat and have kept it off. During this time, birthdays and other occasions came up. I didn't deprive myself, but just went right back to it the next day. I reached my goal and lost about another 9 lbs since. I am now on this site for maintenance and wish I would have found it 2 years ago. I still eat what I did when I was "dieting" during the week and allow myself a cheat day. Believe me, you can do this!!!!!
  • ninyaw
    ninyaw Posts: 13
    Options
    Get a heart monitor and excercise in the fat burning zone. Been doing this, eating 1340 ish calories each day, exercising around 500-600 calories each day, (From former couch potato lifestyle) and in 55 days have lost almost 22 lbs. You can do this!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    stick with it and you will see results.

All you need to do is set MFP goals to lose at the rate you want. I never worried about exercise calories and all that ... just keep logging and doing - like a job or school. Want top marks, put in the effort and show up every day.

Motivation does not stay ... write the goal and put it in front of you.

YOU CAN DO THIS !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!