hello!! new and likely to need encourgement!

Options
Hi, I'm Becky and I need to loose weight!!

I used to play roller derby, but now I am recovering from an ankle injury and only just able to walk againg, never mind skate!!! so I am 5 hours of exercise a week down, and i stupidly didnt adjust what I ate so of course the weight has crept on :(

someone suggested this site to me, so I thought I would give it a go and see if I can meet my goal of loosing enough to start skating again once my ankle is strong enough!!

My overall goal is to loose between 45-50 lb, but I have a deadline of March to loose as much as I can so I can back to skating for the new season!! Once I am skating, the weight loss will be much easier.

Any tips on low impact excercise (except swimming!!!) would be greatly appreciated until then....

I am so excited to be starting this journey!! :D

Replies

• Clairejp74
    Clairejp74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Claire and I have just started the journey too this week.

I have loads of weight to loose to get to target, but doing it in small bite size chunks at 1 stone at a time. I am going on holiday in August with my family and want to have lost at least 5 stone by then.

I have just had a baby just less then 6 months ago and want to be a yummy mummy with loads of energy.

Good luck with your journey and keep motivated... you will be skating again in no time....
  • Trueper
    Trueper Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I join in too add me as a friend if you like. Trying to loose 50lbs by June. I am 32 years old and also have a baby, which helped me pile on the pounds. A few years ago I hurt my back (slipped disc and tore ligaments), and I too piled on the pounds then, as I had had a very active lifestyle before then, so I can u dear stand where you are both comi g from.

Sara x
  • Trueper
    Trueper Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh I joined in may 2011 but I haven't actually started using the website before the 4th January 2012, so I too am new ;)

In 3 weeks I lost 8lbs.

Sx