Programming my new HRM - help!

Options
Hi, i've just bought the Kalenji CW 300 which seems fine, I'm just programming it and it's asking me for my 'zone'. I've selected 'Cals' and its now asking me for low zone and hi zone, the default figure is 600....I can't make head nor tail of what this means, does anyone know?!

Thank you!

Replies

• JessK78
    JessK78 Posts: 26
    Options
    bump

help would be appreciated if you can thank yooou :)
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's asking you to set your zone? Because I think once you enter your height and weight and age that it'll calculate zones for you once you're working out.

I used my HRM the other day for the first time and it was very basic as far as entering info. I noticed the low zone, high zone, but didn't think much of it. Once I set everything and used the HRM on my first workout, it gives a summary of everything including duration of workout, calories burned, average heart rate, heart rate max, 'in zone' average and I think that's all.

Sorry I can't be of help on your particular HRM.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    i have same model
    i think its just nice feature to tell you if you are sticking to the plan

let's say you plan to run with peace that makes you burn 500 kcal per hour for 30 minutes
    put it on 450 to 550 and the hrm will tell you how many of those 30 minutes where you runing fust enough to stick to the 450-550 per hour burn...

on the down side - this hrm is extremely overestimating my cals burned, it shows me like 500kcal per hour walking!
    i just use it for hr and calculate calories with online calculator
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess,

Try the following link, you input your age etc into it and it gives some figures out.

Perhaps those are the figures you need to input into your HRM

http://www.sarkproducts.com/targetzonecalculator.htm
  • JessK78
    JessK78 Posts: 26
    Options
    thanks lots for the help everyone, I feel equipped to give it another whirl now! :)