HRM

Options
Hello!
My (CHEAP) HRM broke last night and now I am ready to invest in the most accurate HRM available. I have read reviews on them but I would really like to know if anyone here has an opinion on what one you have or think is the most accurate?
I think my cheap one was giving me more calories burned than I really was really burning!
Thanks for your opinions,
Hope you all have a great positive week!!!

Replies

• fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Is cost an issue at all?
    Go for a polar brand, FT4 or FT7 or even one of the higher cost ones.
    Polar will talk to most equipment and they have been in the game for a very long time. Make sure to get one that has a user replaceable battery.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Polat FT60 is fantastic. Mine cost £99.99 of ebay, well worth the money. Can't recommend it enough x
  • siwelh
    siwelh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    love my FT40. bought it on line at http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Is cost an issue at all?
    Go for a polar brand, FT4 or FT7 or even one of the higher cost ones.
    Polar will talk to most equipment and they have been in the game for a very long time. Make sure to get one that has a user replaceable battery.

Yes, Yes, and yes. :)
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Just ordered a Polar Ft4 on newegg for $79.99 (free shipping)
  • KellyEdwards85
    KellyEdwards85 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The polar ft4 is great!!. i had a cheap hrm to start out with and when i bought the polar it gave me a whole new outlook on my exercising and calories burned. well worth the money. I saw them on amazon for around $50
  • bignas76
    bignas76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If money isnt an issue then i would say the FT60 or FT80. I just picked up and FT60 off ebay on the low low with the G1 Gps tracker. I have read reviews and researched for almost a month before pulling the trigger. The FT60 and FT80 allow you to set your VO2Max wich will give you better readings. IMO
  • mjok31
    mjok31 Posts: 84
    Options
    I just ordered a ploar ft7 for $75 off of Amazzon.....I have heard really good things :)
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I asked this question last week and ended up ordering the Polar FT7F.
  • tekgeeks
    tekgeeks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Depends on if you are looking only for a HRM - If you are looking for a runner / cyclist exercises in addition to HRM - Garmin Forerunner 305 (not 405) has GPS as well as HRM!!!
  • ericaontheroad
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60- it was about $150 on Amazon; a little on the pricey side; but it does EVERYTHING. You can even get a GPS for it. I highly recommend it, if you have the money to spend.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4.............love it
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I just picked up a polar F11 on ebay for £40.
  • zbmb30
    zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    BUMP! :)
  • rhindon
    rhindon Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this. I think I am going to get the FT60 myself to get started on this journey with a better understanding of my fitness levels and exercise impact.
  • F1uffy2
    F1uffy2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I used to have a Timex and it worked great for a year. Then one day it just stopped. I changed the battery and reset it, and still nothing. I have just ordered the Polar FT7. Can't wait to try it out!
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 (older model) and it's great. I use it with the enclosed battery transmitter (Only one that works properly with it) There are 2 types of heart rate transmitters: enclosed battery and replaceable battery. The enclosed battery options are supposed to last for 2-3 years but are totally self-contained so you dont have to worry about corrosion. The replaceable battery options work just as well, but I've heard swimmers say their contacts corroded, which could be due to the chlorine or other factors.
  • George1567
    Options
    I had used a Polar F55 for many years, discontinued model now. I upgraded this spring to the Polar FT80 and love it. Using the FlowLInk option to upload my recorded data to the Polar Personal Trainer website has been a huge boost in motivation. Being able to set weekly goals and look at graphs from my workouts is great. This option allows me to spend some of my idle time looking over my progress and goals, keeping me focused even when I am not in the gym. My wife will be getting a FT60 soon and can share my FlowLink to upload her data. Weight lifting days (except legs) I noe use my heart rate not the clock to determine when to start my next lift. This has helped me to pick up the pace and not get distracted between lifts. A quality HRM can supplement your fitness efforts in many ways.

HRMjpg.jpg