hi im kaz any other diabetics out there

Options
just started calorie counting ,i have been on a low fat diet since may and have lost 4 stone i started useing my old slimming world books but found it was to much food for me to lose weight (shame lol )so on 1,200 cals a day my target was to get down to a size 12 in a year so have 2.05 stone to go :drinker:

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I've been a diabetis since 1991 and have struggled with my weight all my life. I am half way to my goal of 154 lbs. You can lose the weight, too. We are here to support you when you need it. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Check out dlife.com
  • royjenkins
    royjenkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    roy here yes.....I just started also
  • kaz60
    kaz60 Posts: 9
    Options
    hi make me a friend if you like and see how were doing is this your first time at dieting ?
  • ajschuske
    ajschuske Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi Kaz! type 1, diag'd 4 years ago, at age 31. thought i had been doing really well on my diet and exercise, was down to 367, which was my smallest in a decade. then found out it was the diabetes causing the weightloss. went on insulin. have now gained almost 80 pounds. I think i am finally over the being pissed at the world what the hell is the point attitude I had when I was first diagnosed and am just now starting back on my weightloss journey. I am also working on writing my own diabetic cookbook because I want more than fruit for a sweet snack and am not happy with the cookbooks I have found.
  • Fionab66
    Fionab66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI I am FIona and I have just started with this journey should have started years ago but alas not to be. Keep me informed of your progress not really quite sure how the diabetes is going to effect the weight loss at tis stage but happy to hear other stories. Cheers