Obsessive weigh-ins...

kandyjo
kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, I have been obsessive about getting on the scale looking for some type of downward movement....
I am getting extremely frustrated and am now realizing why "they" tell you to weigh in only once a week....or other perscribed amount of time...
I am not seeing any movement and I have been doing really good....good with my food intake and exercise....
So, I have decided TODAY not to weigh in again until Monday (my initial way in day)....
Wish me luck in this...it sure is tempting to step on that scale everytime I go to the bathroom (:

Replies

• MonicaRod
    MonicaRod Posts: 56
    STEP AWAYYY FROM THE SCALE!!
    I know its hard...i had an eating disorder back in highschool and I would weight myself constantly!!

first thing upon waking up

on my way out the door

at lunch time

after i ate

before and after dinner

before going to bed..

ITS NOT GOOD!! don't do it!!

keep up the good work!!!:wink:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    :flowerforyou: Stay away from it, your not gonna loose weight instantly!
  • kandyjo
    You know, mentally, I know that.....I am just looking for some type of hard evidence that I am making a difference in my body..... I feel crazy wanting to weigh myself so much.... I am always such a logical person LOL

I do feel so much better though...I mean, my body feels better... I have more energy. I just need to stay away from the scale (:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Ok, I have been obsessive about getting on the scale looking for some type of downward movement....
    I am getting extremely frustrated and am now realizing why "they" tell you to weigh in only once a week....or other perscribed amount of time...
    I am not seeing any movement and I have been doing really good....good with my food intake and exercise....
    So, I have decided TODAY not to weigh in again until Monday (my initial way in day)....
    Wish me luck in this...it sure is tempting to step on that scale everytime I go to the bathroom (:

Take advice from my little chihuahua:

cid__0524092210.jpg
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 318 Member
    When I was anorexic I would literally weigh myself about 20-30 times a DAY! No kidding!!

I know have learned it won't change much in a day, so I only weigh myself every once in a while..

Good for you for realizing you shouldn't obsess over it, I am still working on it..
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love the poop!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    I had the same problem! I saw zero movement for about a week and a half, and then all of the sudden the pounds started to melt off. I think the body just needs some time to adjust and set its metabolism at a higher point. Do NOT be discouraged...it will happen for you!

I personally do weight once a day in the morning, but it's not for everyone. It can be disheartening to see no change or even a bigger number, but I like to know where I am. Just do whatever is best for you, and pretty soon your numbers will start going down! :)
  • kandyjo

Take advice from my little chihuahua:

cid__0524092210.jpg

:laugh:
  • McLachfan
    McLachfan Posts: 50
    lynniejones, that is HYSTERICAL!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kandyjo
    I had the same problem! I saw zero movement for about a week and a half, and then all of the sudden the pounds started to melt off. I think the body just needs some time to adjust and set its metabolism at a higher point. Do NOT be discouraged...it will happen for you!

I personally do weight once a day in the morning, but it's not for everyone. It can be disheartening to see no change or even a bigger number, but I like to know where I am. Just do whatever is best for you, and pretty soon your numbers will start going down! :)

Thank you so much for the encouragement!!!
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Put the scale some place other than the bathroom........ If it's not there staring at you every time you enter the bathroom, you won't feel the temptation to step onto it! :noway: :noway:

I keep mine in the family room under the phone table and only pull it out twice a week - Monday morning to see how I did over the weekend (and how strict I need to be all week) and Friday morning so I can gauge my weekend food consumption. It works for me.............. good luck!!!:wink:
  • kandyjo
    Put the scale some place other than the bathroom........ If it's not there staring at you every time you enter the bathroom, you won't feel the temptation to step onto it! :noway: :noway:

I keep mine in the family room under the phone table and only pull it out twice a week - Monday morning to see how I did over the weekend (and how strict I need to be all week) and Friday morning so I can gauge my weekend food consumption. It works for me.............. good luck!!!:wink:

THanks!!! that sounds like something that would make sense and work for me....
    Thanks for the advice!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    I have to say I have the same problem!!! And like you I KNOW THAT I SHOULDN'T!!! Every morning I get the urge to jump on that scale, but I force myself not to! I too used to have an eating disorder, I was bulimic and a if I didn't like what I saw or felt to the bathroom I would go! It's still very hard, but I know that having a disorder like that again would do no good to me or my family! So I try very hard everyday not to obsess!!!

Best of luck to all you ladies with your goals!!! OH... and I TOO love the pic of the scale with poop!!! A definate laugh for the day!!! Thanks!!!
  • Remember to check you inches as well. I was doing the same thing but the inches were sliding off. Fat burns but as you excersize you gain muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Just keep that in mind!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    I have the same problem and have two scales. one in the upstairs bathroom and one downstairs. I think I'm going to move them to the closet :)
  • I have the same problem I weigh myself 2-3 times a day hoping it would go down. I had my husband hide the scales and only let me have it once a week to weigh in. I realize my weight going down because my clothes are loser and my co-workers are telling I look great which they never said before. Hang in there it'll go down!

:laugh: to the poop!
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    I got to the point where I was going insane, weighing myself every day and then being furious when there was no change, or god forbid, a gain. Finally, my husband hid the scales and only let me use them once a week until I got into the habit of not getting on there all of the time.

Try locking them up. Hiding them. Something. That habit right there leads to being discouraged and quitting more than just about anything else, apart from general laziness.
  • Happy_Taco
    Happy_Taco Posts: 48 Member
    I HAVE the same problem. I've got 2 suggestions for you:

1.) like everyone else is saying - hide the scale and make yourself check only on a certain day(s)
    2.) if you're looking for hard evidence - judge it by your clothes. Got some jeans that fit tight? keep those handy and try them on every once in a while - or a shirt. use that in place of a scale to judge your progress.

I had a plateau for a while but i have only noticed now that the clothes i wear are too loose. I hate measuring inches because its hard to know where to measure - esp if a dift person does it each time.

hope it helps.

cheers! :drinker: <--water

Maria
  • kandyjo
    I HAVE the same problem. I've got 2 suggestions for you:

1.) like everyone else is saying - hide the scale and make yourself check only on a certain day(s)
    2.) if you're looking for hard evidence - judge it by your clothes. Got some jeans that fit tight? keep those handy and try them on every once in a while - or a shirt. use that in place of a scale to judge your progress.

I had a plateau for a while but i have only noticed now that the clothes i wear are too loose. I hate measuring inches because its hard to know where to measure - esp if a dift person does it each time.

hope it helps.

cheers! :drinker: <--water

Maria

I like the clothes idea...
    I do have a pair of jeans that I was JUST fitting into....Now they zip up with no problem and are a little baggy in the butt (YES!!!!!!!!!!) So, that is an awesome idea and a great way to stay encouraged...THANKS!!!

AND thank you to everyone else who has given me suggestions on this. It is nice to know that I'm not the only psychotic weigh-in person around here LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403 Member
    CANT FATTEN THE COW BY CONSTANTLY WEIGHING IT...
    works the opposite way too...

i am an obsessive scale monger... although i am improving....
This discussion has been closed.