barcode scanner

Options
For those that have the phone apps, I am just now trying out the barcode scanner for logging foods. And wow, why have I not tried this sooner??? This makes my life so much easier! LOL This has to be one of THE best features that comes with the phone app! I think I'm in love!

Replies

• Daxiacat
    Options
    I agree it's really useful! I've only had one discrepancy which was with a super markets home brand lemonade, it kept coming up as garlic shrimp..???? But luckily lemonade is manually on the database!
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness yes it is wonderful. When I read that they finally had it for the iphone I was beside myself. It's great also for putting recipes in. So much easier to scan than to have to search for the items...
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness yes it is wonderful. When I read that they finally had it for the iphone I was beside myself. It's great also for putting recipes in. So much easier to scan than to have to search for the items...
    I know what you mean!
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Is this one the BB app?
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    It's great, so convenient. Do double check though, you'd be surprised at how many discrepancies there are!
  • gonecountry1981
    Options
    Where do I find the barcode scanner? I would love to download it. Sounds helpful.
    :smile:
  • barbiedollgirl
    barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    :love: Love it!!!! I plan my meals out today and was able to scan in everything this morning before I left for work!! I LOVE LOVE it. So easy and quick!
  • loicl
    loicl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    it is not available on bb my friend tried yesterday on android it is
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    sounds daft but where and how do i get the bar code scanner?
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Would the app work on a I-Pad?
  • inchestopinch
    inchestopinch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do love it yes, but I would like to see them implement in the next update that if the barcode doesn't find something ~ rather then just manually entering that item w/out barcode... it should allow to enter the item with barcode! Therefore when scanning the barcode in future it will bring up your entry. I've had a few items where now I have to search through to find what I manually entered, wishing it was just easier to scan my new entry....

^^^^ Did that make any sense?? LOL Sorry having a fluff brain kind of morning :(
  • gonecountry1981
    Options
    What is the app called? I have an android.
  • Trimere
    Trimere Posts: 5 Member
    Options

MyFitnessPal :wink:
  • jogdog
    jogdog Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I do love it yes, but I would like to see them implement in the next update that if the barcode doesn't find something ~ rather then just manually entering that item w/out barcode... it should allow to enter the item with barcode! Therefore when scanning the barcode in future it will bring up your entry. I've had a few items where now I have to search through to find what I manually entered, wishing it was just easier to scan my new entry....

^I agree!

It is so quick to use the barcode scanner and when something doesn't come up with the scanner, I get a little sad inside. I think the scanner is making me a bit lazy though... lol.
  • mrsbell2012
    Options
    which one is the best kind?
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Would the app work on a I-Pad?

It does work on the iPAD

Look for the MyFitnessPal app in the android market. The scanner was a bit temperamental on my HTC Incredible but I think a recent update fixed it.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    totally love the barcode scanner!!!!!
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    I myself loved the barcode scanner untill i realised on several occasions the app has had *issues with not logging food*.. i then entered them on PC instead (which i now realise i shouldn't have done) as when i went to my weekly log to see how well i'd done it had doubled up my cals on the things that didn't work via the app... grrr.... so just a little thing to watch out for
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The app is simply called 'Barcode Scanner'.
    Once it's installed, your MFP app will automatically be able to use it.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I love it too.