Is anyone else suffering from bad wind???

I've noticed since I started my weight loss journey that I am not a particularly nice person to be around, I could clear a room in minutes! What's going on, is it dwon to all the extra fruit and veg???? And more importantly when can I expect this to subside?

Replies

• madkajun
    madkajun Posts: 1 Member
    I have to agree. I do believe it's all of the veggies and fruits. You're not the only one out there! Don't worry. I've been at it about 4 weeks now and it's subsided!
  • Better out than in, otherwise you could end up with bad stomach ache. I agree, extra fruit & veggies, particularly cabbage & beans.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Beano
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Extra Fiber will cause that.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    I was watching You Are What You Eat and the nutritionist said on that show you get a lot of gas if you eat fruit first before anything else in your meal, so she suggested eating fruit as the last part of your meal. It might just be a myth, but maybe it has some truth to it (every time I eat, I always forget to test it out, so who knows)
  • Extra Fiber will cause that.

^^ this
  • Yes! we call them the 'rank poots'. Bhaha... I think we ran the dog off. All that natural food!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Cabbage, beans , fibre, milk, brocolli are monsters when it comes to that.
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    OK, must be the fibre cos I'm getting a lot of this!! Will it settle after a while or should I reduce my fibre intake? If this goes on I'll be a divorcee long before I'll be skinny!
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 266 Member
    let me just say that, I have now impressed m 17 year old son, cause I "can really rip a good one" :blushing:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Most likely from the fiber in the veggies. Drink some chamomile tea it should help, or get some OTC meds like Gas X or Beano.
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    this is hilarious...lol
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Yes, and yes. Once your body adjusts to the extra fiber it shouldn't be a problem. I eat beans nearly every day and I don't pass an abnormal amount of gas, nor does it have an odor. Drink lots of water to help it move through your system and an enzyme or probiotic for the next few weeks will help your body adjust.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    lol, my bad, the whole thing went over my head. yes it should go away, drink plenty water
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    let me just say that, I have now impressed m 17 year old son, cause I "can really rip a good one" :blushing:

HA!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    The more you eat the more your body will adjust, but that doesn't mean you won't ever get gassy again. Some people are more sensitive than others so even though you should start to get used to it, you may still get gassy. :noway:
  • Your body is adjusting to a lot of new things and that is how it is doing it!! Our family is particularly foul when we eat alot of red meat or spaghetti because we aren't used to those bad things anymore but to answer your question i does get better!! Keep up the good work!
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    It will get better! I think it's all the fruit and veggies cleaning out all the junk that's been in there for me! Give it a few weeks and everyone will love you again :wink:
  • It is the fiber and it is recommended for an adult to have 35 grams a day!!!

Beano when you are eating the food and gax-x - generic brand to save money - it is just simethacone - once you actually start having gas - take the gas-x sooner rather than later the longer you wait the more gas will make it's way down.

I have found that instead of chips at my house we eat frosted mini wheats - 5 grams of fiber a serving. You get fiber, crunch and a little sweet all at once.

Some high fiber foods cause more stinky gas than others - brocilli is one of the worst.

Good luck!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Well, I have had a diet high in fiber, fruits and vegetables for over 4 years now and I can still rip a good one. I have found that using digestive enzymes helps with the gas.

Beano is okay but I get Digest Gold at my local green grocery store.