Exhausted after workouts

Options
fitzfour
fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
I have always been completely exhausted after my workouts. I could honestly lay down and go to sleep immediately afterwards. I checked with my doctor, and they can't find anything like low iron or other that would explain. Does anyone else feel like this? I'm on a 1,500 cal (pre-exercise cals) diet, which I fully eat, plus usually 1/2 to all of my exercise cals. I eat a banana before I workout in the morning and then f/u with a protein shake and breakfast. I eat something every 2-3 hours throughout the day. The tiredness lasts typically until mid afternoon and then it gets better. I always get 8 hours of sleep (good sleep too). Just trying to figure out why I'm sooooo tired! I've noticed the tired being worse since I started Chalene Extreme, so maybe it's tied to weight training?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Replies

• MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have a friend with the same problem. Her problem is that she doesn't consume enough water through out the day.
    How much water do you get in every day?
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    have you checked thyroid levels?
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    That's me too, after I started working out more intensively. Make sure you take days off from the workout, let your body rest. I also had to eat more (all exercise cals in your case) and then I stopped being tired and cold all the time, and i started losing weight again.
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I've had my thyroid checked, heck I had a full body physical and nothing! I am going to focus on eating ALL of my exercise cals. Most days I do, but maybe 1-2 days a week I come within about 100 cals, and maybe need to up it. I drink anywhere from 64-720z of water a day, so I think I'm doing ok there.

I'll try adding more food and see how that goes! Thanks for the help :)
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    all good advise, plus one more thing:
    try drinking Vitamin Water (I like yellow ones) but not with coffee...
    I think coffee flashes all vitamins out...
    Like at night...
    See if you feel better.