Newbie on a 28-day challenge!

Options
Hi all, I'm new to MFP and love the site so far!

I joined a 28 day ReNew challenge at work last week and have comitted to 5 workouts a week. My goal is to loose 8 lbs by the end of Feb 2012. My ultimate goal is to loose 15lbs but I don't know if that's realistic or not so I'm taking baby steps and going with 8 for now.

I've never had to focus on eating well and consistent exercise, but since I turned 30 my bodys metabolism has slowed down. Also I'm not out dancing in a bar every weekend like I used to be in my 20's.

I have comitted to no alcohol during the week (Mon-Thurs), and hope that will help as it's just empty calories. Although I LOVE to have a glass of wine when I cook. I don't have any issues coming up with recipes, and would love to chat about anything with you!

We are all in this together, I would enjoy some friends on the site so we can encourage each other!
Add me as a friend :)

Replies

• debdevero
    Options
    I am new here too
    I am on a 28 day - Extreme 10 pound slimdown dvd program with Chris Freytag. Still trying to get the hang of this site - but I plan to lose 20 pounds overall - hopefully by summer.

We can do this!