Adding calories to bust metabolism...is it going to work???

Options
So after doing research and talking to my friend that is a Curves trainer, I am going to increase my calorie count to "boost" my metabolism. MFP has me at 1200/day which I have been doing for about 5months now and I have not lost any weight. The new plan is 1500/day this week and 1700/day next and back to 1200/day for two weeks. Will this get me results... I sure hope so because I am getting married in July and I want to lose about 17-20lbs more, Granted this is also my ultimate goal, so I am really hoping this is going to work. Any thoughts? Has anyone else done this?

damn...just realized I put Bust instead of Boost in my topic name, what can I say but ITS MONDAY LOL

Replies

• kristenjoshi
    kristenjoshi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see if that works for you. I have 20 to lose for my goal too, and I'm stuck right now. Very frustrating! I suspect I'm not eating enough for all that I'm training, but it's hard to make that leap to eating MORE when weight is not coming off!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    Many people here (me included) have done this. Yes. It works.
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have read that it possible to eat too few calories and hinder weight loss. Good luck with the change. Keep us posted.
  • chetzer
    chetzer Posts: 13
    Options
    I have read that it possible to eat too few calories and hinder weight loss. Good luck with the change. Keep us posted.

Ya from what I have read and been told my body is probably in starvation mode because it is use to getting only 1200 calories a day. Thanks and I will
  • chetzer
    chetzer Posts: 13
    Options
    Many people here (me included) have done this. Yes. It works.

Thanks! I am glad to hear it worked for you.
  • ericapage
    ericapage Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've also been eating 1200 calories a day. The first month I lost 12 lbs. My scale has stayed the same or only moved down slightly this past month. I went over my calories a few days this past week and BAM- I lost almost 2 pounds! So, I think I may add calories as well and see how it goes.