February challenge and support group - looking for 10 membe

Options
I joined MFP in June of 2011 and have been running a monthly challenge and support group since September in that time I have lost around 70 pounds. I started the group after being a part of a HUGE group and while I loved the challenges I hated the fact that I didn't get to know anyone else in the group because the group was just too big. So I like to keep the group around 30 or so members and each month I reopen the group to new members after seeing who has dropped out - unfortunately people drop from MFP like flies...

So it's that time again if you are interested in being a part of a small challenge group please send me either a message or friend request.

1. Must be able to weigh in on Fridays (or at least once a week) and post the results on a spread sheet (or message me and I will post for you)
2. Must be able to friend other group members to give and receive support
3. Must be able to ATTEMPT challenges - challenges are fairly simple and designed so that anyone can participate at their own level...

If this sounds like you, please let me know!

Have a great day!

Replies

• kime1225
    Options
    I'm interested in being a group member.. I need support and accountability.

Question.. What are the challenges?
  • bw12480a
    Options
    I would like to join your group - please provide more information.
  • spud1316
    Options
    I am interested in joining the group. Can I have some more information?
  • rocki21
    rocki21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am also from the group and to answer your questions challenges are like for the week maybe get at least 8 glasses of water, stay under sodium, and work out at least four times a week for the weekly challenges.. They are pretty simple and easy to follow and if you dont stick to all of them maybe just pick the one you have the most problem with and try to make that challenge that week
  • spud1316
    Options
    Sounds fab - I would love to join as I need some motivation.
  • rocki21
    Options
    Sounds fab - I would love to join as I need some motivation.

Great! i have added you! i hope you achieve all your goals this next month!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Rocki said it perfectly!!! She'e been a member for quite a while now and a group moderator :) ....

Here's an example of the challenge for a week

.1) Stay under/at your calories goal every day this week! I know that most of us will not be able to stay at or under then (on average - if you have an expected overage counteract it with working out or cutting back somewhere else)
    2.) Burn 1000 calories this week
    3.) Drink your water - 8 glasses every day! (This is SUPER important)
    4.) Make at least 2 post this week to this thread either updating your status or encouraging one of the other challenge members
    5.) On Friday, update your weight and one nsv you had this week
  • tsfitzpa
    Options
    Would love to be a part of your group.
  • lamm
    lamm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm interested!! ...would love to hear more about the challenges too!
    I need a goal ... this was my most recent post:
    HELP!! I trapped in a pattern of bad food choices and no motivation to exercise!! :sad:

Thanks!!
    Leslie
  • rocki21
    Options
    Would love to be a part of your group.

Great! and welcome to the group!
  • kramsgirl
    kramsgirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join...but I weigh in on Mondays - is that ok?
  • c00ncc
    c00ncc Posts: 55
    Options
    I"M IN!! :)
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I wantta play :bigsmile:
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in June of 2011 and have been running a monthly challenge and support group since September in that time I have lost around 70 pounds. I started the group after being a part of a HUGE group and while I loved the challenges I hated the fact that I didn't get to know anyone else in the group because the group was just too big. So I like to keep the group around 30 or so members and each month I reopen the group to new members after seeing who has dropped out - unfortunately people drop from MFP like flies...

So it's that time again if you are interested in being a part of a small challenge group please send me either a message or friend request.

1. Must be able to weigh in on Fridays (or at least once a week) and post the results on a spread sheet (or message me and I will post for you)
    2. Must be able to friend other group members to give and receive support
    3. Must be able to ATTEMPT challenges - challenges are fairly simple and designed so that anyone can participate at their own level...

If this sounds like you, please let me know!

Have a great day!

Would love to be part of this group! my weigh in date is Fridays! :)
  • chelljo12
    chelljo12 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in joining the group.
  • kellybug123
    Options
    Pick me! Pick me! I wanna join :)
  • ashleighk90
    ashleighk90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Aww... this is such a great concept! I agree the giant groups you just feel lost in. Would love to join. I weigh in on Sundays right now (because Saturday is my rest day) but I can weigh in whatever day is needed. =] Love the challenges & the accountability you feel when you actually start to know the people in your group!

Would love to join.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to be a part of this. Friday is my weigh in day anyway and the challenges sound like fun. X
  • honeys7
    honeys7 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'd love to do this if you have room!
  • melisssaarielle
    melisssaarielle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would love to join too!