100th Day Anniversary!

Options
Horskrzy
Horskrzy Posts: 71 Member
Hard to believe I started this journey just 100 days ago but I sure can't complain as it's sure made a huge difference in my life already!

While my starting weight/need to lose wasn't as dramatic as some, the results for me (beside the obvious 35 lb weight loss) have provided an unexpected* bonus, I feel so much better! Heartburn, acid reflux, shortness of breath and overall felling of lethargy are all things of the past. I've learned, no, acknowledged how much junk I was eating and how bad it was for me. Besides helping lose weight, I've found that exercise gives me a sense of well being and accomplishment and even challenges me to take it to another level. I've thrown out clothes I'll never again need (I solemnly swear THIS IS THE TRUTH! :happy: ) and bought clothes that I can't quite fit in comfortably to keep me motivated (Lots of $$$ at stake here! :tongue: ). I NEVER, EVER, EVER thought losing weight would be so rewarding.

For those of you reading this post who've already experienced this "revelation", you'll just be nodding with that "Been there" nod so this isn't for you. :huh: This post is for "my fitness pals" who have the "head knowledge" of what they need to do but may be having a hard time "engaging" the rest of the body. :grumble: For those folks, here’s a few “thoughts to ponder”:

• Do you realize that there’s probably not a health issue “out there” that someone hasn’t posted about it being eliminated or significantly reduced as they exercised and lost weight (Be reasonable, you know I’m not saying this will cure cancer or some other nasty disease)? If you have something like chronic back pain, acid reflux, etc. and haven’t really applied yourself, what the heck are you waiting for? A Presidential proclamation (for what that’s worth)?:wink:

• If you haven’t exercised today, why are you sitting here reading this? The popular phrase “just do it” applies here and once you push yourself to do it every day it becomes easier and in a short time, rewarding! :smile:

• If you have “reasons” why you “can’t” exercise like “I don’t belong to a gym” or “I don’t have any equipment” are they truly reasons or excuses? Do you have a flight of stairs in the house that you can go up and down on for 15 minutes? A bicycle? A dog who loves to go for walks (and who probably could use the exercise as well!)? Get the idea? Stop making excuses and make ideas!

• If you’re still struggling with giving in to snacking & sweets have you done the following, and if not, why not? :grumble:
o Removed all temptations from your house?
o Stopped taking change to work to feed the machines that feed your bad habits?
o Stayed out of the junk food & candy aisles at the store?

• Do you plan all of your meals & snacks in advance? If not, try it! Planning and posting everything at the start of your day (or the previous day) let’s you know “in black and white” exactly where you stand in regards to remaining calories and stresses the need to exercise to cover any deficiencies.

So enough already! I want to see more success stories as they motivate ME AS WELL (so yes, this post does have a degree of selfish motive involved)! If you’re not posting success stories and/or posting weight losses, you should be.

I’m 54 and my goal is to lose (at least) “55 before 55”! What’s yours? :drinker:

* While I say this was an "unexpected bonus" it's in the sense of knowing what I needed to do vs. doing what I needed to do and actually seeing the results.

Replies

• yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm nodding...

Great post!:happy:
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 100th day and progress. I just started and the weight is reluctant to leave me so far, but I am determined to change my life and my relationship with food for good. I love your goal, 55 by 55. I have a goal of 58, but maybe I should change it to 63 by 63. I like the sound of that. Thanks for the post. You make lots of sense.
  • neznarf0205
    neznarf0205 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Very nice and inspiring. It is amazing how many of life's little problems start to disappear as we eat better and work out more. Way to go!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    *Nodding Vigorously!*

Congratulations on 100 days! I'm about 13 days ahead of you (and a few years older), but I completely agree with everything you have written here.

One thing that I can share is that after my habits began to change, I was able to walk through the candy aisle in the store and smile...because I just kept walking! :laugh:

Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • Horskrzy
    Horskrzy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    One thing that I can share is that after my habits began to change, I was able to walk through the candy aisle in the store and smile...because I just kept walking! :laugh:

I'll readily admit candy doesn't tempt me like it used to but I do get a hankerin' for a Resse's on occasion until I read the "nutrition" label. One of these days I'll reward myself with ONE (and probably find out it's not a great as I remember! :laugh: ).

Nice bike in your picture by the way. My ride is a 2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing (2nd one) which I'm able to put a several thousand on each year. Absolutly my favorite mode of transportation as long as there's no snow or ice to add to the excitement! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!