Another start after a discouraging year.

Options
Hi everyone. I am back on track after losing 35lbs. And gaining back 15. Last summer things were humming along nicely. Dieting going well. Exercise going very well. I had even started a running program and I don't think I had run since I was 14. I have asthma but it was well controlled In August/08 I came down with bad bronchitis. To make a long story I have had 5 bouts of bronchitis and 4 more of pneumonia since that time. The pneumonia left me unable to climb a flight of stairs without being out of breath. It's been a very difficult time with repeated trips to the hospital and no end in sight. As i became more discouraged i ate more...I'm finally healthy for the first time in a long time. How long it will last I don't know but I'm trying not to focus on it. Am I in a good headspace...to be honest not really. Every cough and sniffle makes me nervous,but I'm trying to move forward and not think about the time I lost and weight gained. So we shall see. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• dgweisblatt
    Options
    The important thing is that you're back. I also stopped tracking stuff for a while and gained a bit back, but I'm back here too! You're not alone!

Here's wishing you continued good health and success!!
  • VishousBabe
    Options
    Welcome Back! I just got back here as well, after an injury and surgery. Just take it one day at a time and soon you will be feeling much healthier. Good Luck!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    welcome back :flowerforyou: