Can I just say that I love...

courtney_love2001
courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
I love sandwiches! I just had a turkey/cheese/mustard/lettuce panini and it was 300 calories. Soooo good and filling!! You guys have any really good sammich recipes for me? :happy:

Replies

• vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    ooooo that sounds good! What I like is grilled/ sauteed chicken w/ sauteed onions and avacado in a pita. OMG, it is AMAZING! Of you can have a turkey sandwhich w/ red onions, swiss w/ avacado and some lettuce w/ mayo, that's good, too.:heart:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    I like 'em too (: And they are so easy.... But some of them are really, really fattening...

Yum...your's sounds good.... I don't really have any good recipies....good luck with that!!! I do enjoy a good, subway sandwich every now and then and always stay within my food intake (:
  • Turkey has always been my favorite. Lately I've been doing turkey on whole wheat with light cheddar cheese (sometimes toasted) with romaine lettuce and onion, reduced fat mayo (the new kind with the olive oil) and spicy mustard. SSOO good!! Not far from what you're already eating but I guess I don't have all that creative of ideas. :blushing:
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Cucumbers, hummus, deli sprouts, vinaigrette dressing, salt and pepper. Simple, fresh tasting deliciousness!
  • Birdgirl
    Birdgirl Posts: 6 Member
    I like wraps - whole wheat with lettuce, cucumber, turkey or grilled chicken and some swiss cheese with some type of balsamic vinegarette.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Speaking of sandwiches, which I could eat for every meal, I tried the oroweat sandwich thins. OMG they are so delicious and only 100 calories per roll! I love sandwiches and with those u don't have to spend so many cals on the bread room for avacado or the evil cheese.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    I had the most delicious sandwich I have EVER had in my life from Fresh Market. I am vegetarian so there is no meat on this sandwich.

Whole Wheat bread (really fresh)
    Thin amount of Spinach and Artichoke dip on each slice of bread.
    Cucumber slices, red onion, green pepper, black olives, bean sprouts, tomato....OMG.

I bought it and was only gonna eat half and save the rest for later but I couldn't. AND I felt satisfied but not overly full.
  • haha I was just ranting about a sandwich I made that was soooo yummy. It's just a turkey sandwich on rye bread with spinach and mushrooms but it really hit the spot! super low cal, too, i added a little mayo as well
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, sandwiches :love:
  • ametis
    ametis Posts: 15
    I love so much sandwiches too!!

Often, i eat it in pita or tortilla, it's lower calories.
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    I had the most delicious sandwich I have EVER had in my life from Fresh Market. I am vegetarian so there is no meat on this sandwich.

Whole Wheat bread (really fresh)
    Thin amount of Spinach and Artichoke dip on each slice of bread.
    Cucumber slices, red onion, green pepper, black olives, bean sprouts, tomato....OMG.

I bought it and was only gonna eat half and save the rest for later but I couldn't. AND I felt satisfied but not overly full.

That sounds SOOOOO good!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    I love sandwiches! I just had a turkey/cheese/mustard/lettuce panini and it was 300 calories. Soooo good and filling!! You guys have any really good sammich recipes for me? :happy:

I'm not a huge sammich fan BUT the one that gets me all the time is at Starbucks. Roasted Tomato and mozzarella...ohhh yummy. 370 calories of yumminess!! Has basil and I think some type of pesto mayo in it, well whatever it is...it is mmm mmm good!
  • dnd858
    dnd858 Posts: 64
    I had the BEST tuna sandwich last night! Mmmmm....still thinking about it! :love:
This discussion has been closed.