HIIT workout calories burned

Options
I was wondering for those of you that do a HIIT workout. What number of calories burned do you use? I am not sure if I use the number for the 20 minutes of workout or if I keep the calorie counter working for an hour after and use that number?

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM and only count the calories during the active portion of the workout. I figure the 'afterburn' is just bonus.
  • Gazjam_1985
    Options
    I just enter it as 20-30 mins of the exercise. I know it burns more calories than I put in but I would rather underestimate than overstate.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Your only burning calories when your body is moving. When you are done your workout stop the time. You will burn calories after but its just not trackable and nothing like actually working out.
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM and burn around 180 calories for HIIT 20, I :heart: My HRM!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM and only count the calories during the active portion of the workout. I figure the 'afterburn' is just bonus.

I do this as well. Once the workout is finished I'm finished, anything after is extra..
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have been doing that as well, but I keep my HRM going just for comparison purposes. Thanks :)