Ready to Try Again

Options
Well, I joked to my sister that if I had kept of all the weight I have lost over the years, I would be non-existent. I am a classic emotional eater, yo-yo dieter and the family genes are not in my favor. But I am ready to try again. I have a very supportive mom and sister who struggle with their weight as well. I have a husband who would be thrilled for me to lose weight, but I don't think he quite understands how hard it is. I have five wonderful children - ages 10, 9, 7, 4, and almost two - who tell me I am beautiful and that they love me on a regular basis, but they also think my wobbly belly is funny when we do jumping jacks. This year I am the oldest and the fattest that I have ever been in my life and I just don't feel like my body matches who I really am. My goal is to lose at least 100 pounds so it will be a long journey - guess I better take it one pound and one step at a time.

Replies

• 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Well, I joked to my sister that if I had kept of all the weight I have lost over the years, I would be non-existent. I am a classic emotional eater, yo-yo dieter and the family genes are not in my favor. But I am ready to try again. I have a very supportive mom and sister who struggle with their weight as well. I have a husband who would be thrilled for me to lose weight, but I don't think he quite understands how hard it is. I have five wonderful children - ages 10, 9, 7, 4, and almost two - who tell me I am beautiful and that they love me on a regular basis, but they also think my wobbly belly is funny when we do jumping jacks. This year I am the oldest and the fattest that I have ever been in my life and I just don't feel like my body matches who I really am. My goal is to lose at least 100 pounds so it will be a long journey - guess I better take it one pound and one step at a time.
  • Wildbran
    Wildbran Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you! I just started too with my friend, well march 9th, but it's going ok. Slow, but ok. I've lost 5 lbs so far, and I am glad you'll be along for our journey! :flowerforyou:
  • 5KNohno
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. It always seems easier when others are striving for similar goals. It also helps to be accountable. :smile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Are you starting a certain plan or just gonna try & do it on your own? :smile:
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    Good luck to you... I also have gained and lost more over my life than my current weight... and still am looking to lose about 100 lbs... I am not following any plan I am just going at it one day at a time...

Jenn
  • 5KNohno
    Options
    I am not using a specific plan, but I am using a combination of ideas from different plans. Atkins works great for me - while I am doing it, but I've done that four times, lost LOTS of weight, and started gaining it all back the second that I quit. Thinking about it realistically, I can't do that for life - I am a good cook and I love food. So I thought while I am motivated I would start something that could be lifelong. This time I am eating within my daily calorie allotment but trying to use the calories for healthy food. However if I do get a craving I can figure that in, instead of continually depriving myself until I finally end up giving in and binging. Exercise makes a huge difference for me and while I know that I have been slow starting up a consistent program. Got to get on that. Hubby just fixed my bike so I plan on trying to ride. Love that plus get to spend time with my kids at the same time.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    That's good exercise. Good luck to you! :smile:
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    I plan on running and biking this summer... both of which I love and have not been able to do because of the extra weight... I am thinking of starting a mileage topic... like a challenge or something... we shall see...
    Jenn
  • 5KNohno
    Options
    Have you heard of the Couch to 5K plan? They give a pretty good schedule. I'm thinking about trying that.
  • TZUVELLA
    TZUVELLA Posts: 27
    Options
    :drinker: Cheers to you... won't hurt to try and try again and again if you need to.. Right now your head is into to it and in my opinion that is 1/3 of the battle.. second 1/3 is control and last third is doing it.. I WISH YOU THE BEST... Truthfully I start exercising while laying on my bed.. but I figured hey at least I'm moving.. Just taking the time to chart you daily intake and seeing it in black and white helps me alot.. :flowerforyou: Terri Z
  • TZUVELLA
    TZUVELLA Posts: 27
    Options
    whoops... forgot to mention not laying in bed for my exercises anymore.. :laugh: