Healthy Choice Steamer Dinners

Options
Anybody eat these? Other than being high in sodium, any other down sides to these for dinner meals? I've had them before and they are actually pretty tasty and their calorie count is low.

Replies

• lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I really like them - convenient for the days I don't have a ton of time to cook and they taste good
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Yep. I keep frozen meals in the freezer for nights when I get home from work and I'm just too tired to make anything. Yes, they have a bit of sodium in them and they are processed, but I feel like there are worse things. A lot of people eat them nearly everyday and do fine with weight loss. :)
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love them!
  • oceanchristy
    Options
    I have one for lunch today :)
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have tried these as well, and I agree, these may not be the healthiest, but they certainly are better than eating a cheeseburger at 8 p.m.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I've considered nutri system because I'm just terrible about food prep and it seems like a good plan. But these might be an easier/cheaper alternative?
  • tcortez3
    tcortez3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat those, lean cuisines and the weight watches tv dinners when I don't feel like cooking. I think they are pretty good and low calorie. Great option for a meal if you are too busy to cook. I have one for lunch today too
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    I love them too. I'll have one for lunch, and drink extra water to help counteract the sodium.
    ps Nutrisystem tastes horrible, definitely try healthy choice, lean cuisine, etc frozen dinners instead.
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm glad you asked this, I thought I might get a few and take them to work to mix things up a bit. A lot of time, I'll end up having the same lunch all week because it's a meal that I've fixed just for work. It get's old eating the same thing every day.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    The downside would be the sodium and added preservatives, but as an alternative to eating out or junk food its a good alternative
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    love these!
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I eat them when I don't have time to cook or when I know that I went overboard at lunch (Or will go overboard at dinner) and want to keep have a meal (and be full) but not go over my calorie limits.

Just up your water intake for that day and watch that the rest of your foods aren't extremely salty. There's nothing wrong with them as long as you're not using them as the ONLY food you eat. That would be.. not smart! lol
  • oceanchristy
    Options
    If you follow "groupon" they have a good deal right now on these in certain states... 5 for 9 $
  • Lollliiipopzzzz
    Options
    Love them! Just make sure you don't go over your daily sodium intake and you're good.