THE MIRACLE NOODLES

Options
OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH SHIRATAKI TOFU NOODLES

* made of naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, or starch.
* contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories, no gluten -made of a healthy natural fiber called Glucomannan.
* wheat & gluten free and kosher.
* Easily absorbs the flavors of any soup, dish, or sauce.
* are instant and come in a variety of styles
* have shown beneficial effects backed by medical studies for Type II Diabetes, Constipation, Obesity, and Cholesterol!

Replies

• NicoleLIri
    NicoleLIri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Those sound great! Where do you get them from?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    how do you cook them and what do you cook them with?
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have heard of them before on Dr Oz lol but i havent seen them in the store
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    WHOA.. they sound too good to be true!

Where do you buy them at? Are they at the local grocery store or a special order from online?
  • Kristin24C
    Kristin24C Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I want to try!!! Where do you purchase them?
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Kelp Noodles are excellent as well - few/no calories and great source of minerals. Neutral enough to make with anything - don't involve any cooking.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods and Central Market carry them. ( The House Foods brand) I personally did not like the texture the first time I tried them. I'll give the Miracle brand a try!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I got some at Wegmans, in the refrigerated/dairy section near the hummus and cheese, but I haven't tried them yet. The ones I have aren't zero calories... they're about 20 calories per serving.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

* contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories, no gluten -made of a healthy natural fiber called Glucomannan.
    * have shown beneficial effects backed by medical studies for Type II Diabetes, Constipation, Obesity, and Cholesterol!

Here's a question for you: What good are the benefits you mentioned, if the item you are eating [soy] is toxic to the body?
  • Sunsama
    Sunsama Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I found them at my local Asian store. Be careful when you make them, you have to rinse them really really well before cooking or they will taste heavily of fish.
  • crickettm
    Options
    they are awesome ... fix them in place of any recipe that calls for noodles. VERY few calories (compared to regular pasta) and tastes yummy!!
  • valerietoxii
    valerietoxii Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some a couple weeks ago! I can't wait!!!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I got some at Wegmans, in the refrigerated/dairy section near the hummus and cheese, but I haven't tried them yet. The ones I have aren't zero calories... they're about 20 calories per serving.

Just make sure to do exactly what is on the package directions. Beware: They will smell awful when you open them.......they do not taste that way. Just rinse or boil like it says and they are really good.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    bleh. I've tried these.. and no matter what I do, I cannot handle the texture.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

Here's a question for you: What good are the benefits you mentioned, if the item you are eating [soy] is toxic to the body?

Do you have a citation for that?

So far as I know soy is not toxic to the human body. However it does contain phytoestrogens which can affect the human body in large doses - that's why soy based formulas are supposed to be a last ditch effort to get nutrition into a baby after all non-soy formulas have failed. The extra estrogen can have a hard impact.

Adults would have to eat an extremely large amount of soy to see any sort of issue (granted if you eat a lot of processed foods, this isn't out of the question since almost everything uses soy as a filler).
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I get them from a Korean Market in my area and make them in a wok with some mushrooms peppers and onions and shrimp or chicken. I add some sweet chili sauce and BAM! they taste awesome. You do have to rinse WELL in cold water to get the smell off them but once you do that you are good to go.

Here is a pic of what they look like after they are done

TofuNoodleswithShrimp.jpg
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    TofuNoodleswithShrimp.jpg
  • mjshorty5
    Options
    I bought some this weekend. Awesome
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yahoo, I have two packs of these sitting in my fridge right now, and I'm so glad to hear people speaking fondly of them! Look forward to eating them soon :D