help with customizing daily intake of calories, carbs, prote

Options
Hi, I had a question regarding my daily metrics. I am looking to lean out and lose about 15 more pounds, but I would like to maintain or increase my muscle mass. I played around with the customization of my daily allotment of calories, carbs, protein, and fat and came up with the below. I am 185lb and looking to get down to about 170lbs.

Do you think this breakdown is good? Please critique as I will change it if need be. Thanks!

- Net Calories Consumed* calories: 1,730
- Carbohydrates: 130g
- Protein: 195g
- Fat: 48g

Replies

• creatively41lb
    creatively41lb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Flip-flop the carbohydrate and protein to 195 g carbohydrate and 130 g protein.
  • kd09nyc
    kd09nyc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input but I thought I should keep at least one gram of protein per pound of bodywight to maintain muscle mass?
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options
    It doesn't need to be exactly that (1lb to 1g) but in my opinion if your looking to get lean and maintain mass I would definately leave the protein and carbs as you've set them :-)
  • smurfee11
    Options
    Are you lifting big? If so then yes you should keep the protein close to your body weight.
  • wxkris
    wxkris Posts: 57
    Options
    Thanks for the input but I thought I should keep at least one gram of protein per pound of bodywight to maintain muscle mass?

Correct. You can even lower your carb intake and replace with more fat, which will NOT add fat to you. Check out MarksDailyApple.com for tips on how to get the physique you're seeking.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Flip-flop the carbohydrate and protein to 195 g carbohydrate and 130 g protein.

Not good advice at all. You're right in thinking 1g per lb.
  • kd09nyc
    kd09nyc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback!