recipe builder

Options
Judway
Judway Posts: 246 Member
i am having problems adding ingredient amounts for instance i have to add 1/4 cup soy sauce and all there is to add are tablespoon or container ...its like that on a lot of ingredients do we actually have tp go measure how many tablespoons are in 1/4 cup... 1 need 1 tblsp. brown sugar and it is only there in tsp. ..i can never get the exact measurements on some recipes...anyone else have this problem

Replies

• musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have the same trouble with the Recipe Builder. I'm constantly on Google converting measurements because of it. Anyway, 4 Tbsp would be a 1/4 cup and 3 teaspoons equal 1 Tbsp. Good luck!
  • luv2eduk8
    luv2eduk8 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You have to convert it. Most peolpe put foods into the databased based on what the package says, not what a recpie calls for. I bookmarked an onine conversion website, so I can convert it. Then I change the serving size depending on the recipe.

Hope that helps.
  • Judway
    Judway Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    could i have the conversation site ty
  • shmotzy
    shmotzy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Where is the recipe builder on here?? I am having trouble finding it!
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Where is the recipe builder on here?? I am having trouble finding it!

Go to the food tab, and then there's a link that says "recipes," and then you can input the ingredients of your recipes and the number of servings and then it calculates the nutritional breakdown and calories for you. It can be a little fiddly, but, if you're like me, and do the bulk of your cooking from scratch, it's invaluable.
  • tinybry
    tinybry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have that problem the other way around - being british I use tablespoons, teaspoons or ml not cups! Have got fairly adept at converting things...
  • shmotzy
    shmotzy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Is there a recipe builder on here?? I thought there was one, but I must be blind!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    On the website, up at the top, click the Food tab, then under that, to the right a little, is a Recipes tab.

On the phone app, go into my profile, edit foods and exercise, and there should be a recipes level in there.

It's handy to have a measurement conversion chart handy if you don't know some of them off of the top of your head. As was mentioned:

3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon
    4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup
    1 cup = 16 tablespoons

Also, if you're scooping fluffy things like flour, make sure you use a light scoop and sprinkle it into the measure. It should not be packed like brown sugar. Or, use a weight scale if you encounter a recipe with grams.

Liquids measures are close to solids, but can be a little off when it comes to the cups.

Sorry, can't help with that metric stuff!

Months ago, I found another website that has a recipe builder that you can paste an entire recipes into a text box and it will figure it all out for you (can't think of it right now...). It's pretty slick, but you do have to edit out comments and other characters that might throw it off... I'm guessing if you Google search "recipe builder" you'll find one that's easier to work with than the single-ingredient one here.
  • samaria26
    Options
    The website that I used (daily) to convert measurements is

http://www.onlineconversion.com/volume.htm

I hope that it helps :-)
  • ms1978
    ms1978 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You may want to invest in a conversion chart...be it an app, or a website, or in a cookbook. I use an app when adding recipes...works like a charm =)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    There's an app for that! "Kitchen Dial" It's free.