Eating on non-workout days, help!

Options
Okay , I am getting surgery on Wednesday, and won't be able to workout for what I am assuming will be a few days afterwards. (Mole removal, including 3 on back, 2 on legs and a big one on the bottom of my foot, which will be the kicker for not being about to workout :/) Anyways, I am wondering how not working out will encourage/hinder weight gain/loss. I have been doing really well with weight loss, and don't want to stall because of surgery, but this surgery is obviously necessary and my health is of utmost importance to me! I just don't want to put on weight that I've worked so hard to lose :( Any advice? Also, if anyone has ever had any moles removed ESPECIALLY on the bottom of their foot, any words of encouragement would help! I'm sooooo nervous. :( Thanks!!!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    If they are non-malignant, it's no worse than a cut....the bottom of your foot may require you to be off it for three or four days, I don't know....

But just stay within your recommended calories. You will be fine. This site gives you a daily deficit, so the weight loss is not necessarily dependent on exercise. You add exercise and get more calories.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Working out is NOT required for weight loss. Just be extra careful logging your foods and ensure you stay at your goal intake. Weigh everything you eat!

It will probably do you some good to take some time off and allow your body to rest.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I had a mole removed from my foot many years ago and I recall going cross-country skiing with the bandage still on, but it was on the side, not the bottom. I would recommend that you ask your surgeon what he/she recommends in terms of exercise. My daughter just had 3 impacted wisdom teeth removed, and she was back to exercising in 3 days. I would listen to my Dr. and my body and avoid high impact activities. You might be able to do something like an elliptical. And in terms of eating, eat light breakfasts and lunches, like yogurt and soup, and reserve your calories for dinner. You should be fine. Good luck with your surgery.
  • motivated_kel
    motivated_kel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for these responses! So helpful.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm usually not as hungry when I don't work out. It takes a few days for my metabolism to change though. If you eat less calories, but still make sure you are getting your nutrients, you should be ok.

You might also want to look up "chair exercises" because sitting still does get old even if you can't be on your feet.
  • Samantha020691
    Options
    A couple months ago me and my friend who are working out/ dieting religiously, stopped for a couple days because of college finals, and ended up losing the most that week. Sometimes taking a break is the absolute best thing for you because muscles can retain water, and after giving them a break, they let go!
    Otherwise, just eat well!
    hope this helps :)
  • MarkTheFatKid
    Options
    I recently had a knee injury, and then got sick and was absent from workouts for about 1-2 weeks. All I did was adjusted my calorie intake since I wasn't as active and kept better track of the foods I was eating. I actually still lost about .5lbs during that time.