Need some support

Options
Hello!
My name is Jennifer, I'm from Michigan.

I have been on this weight loss journey for awhile and have lost almost 70lbs. I have a long way to go but can feel myself starting to lose steam. I could really use some friends to share the experience with. I am strong & determined but I know with help from friends on myfitness pal would make me even stronger:)

Thank you everyone!

Replies

• brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Options
    Good boring, what are you doing for exercise??
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hello Jennifer, pls add me MenaMena. Good luck.
  • skinnierin
    skinnierin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, have you tried switching up your routine? What kind of exercise program do you engage in? I love going to Zumba classes! Have you ever tried one?
  • DaveMXF
    DaveMXF Posts: 52
    Options
    Losing Steam? You probably need to mix it up a bit. You have lost 70lbs already, that right there is an accomplishment. Try mixing up your nutrition, and you exercise, throw something new in the mix....

Congratulations on the 70 ! :happy:
  • tuck1jl
    tuck1jl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the love everyone! I do a bunch of different kinds of work outs. I have almost the whole collection of biggest loser DVDs, I got a step aerobic step for Christmas that I have several exercise routines for. I recently bought the Rockin' Body DVD set which is amazing! I did it for almost 2 hours on Saturday and I am still sore:) I also LOVE Richard Simmons. I have all his sweating to the oldies plus other work outs.

I haven't tried Zumba yet. it looks so fun. I have been debating on joining a gym. My only concern is because I have a limited time frame to workout everyday that if I go to the gym I may not be getting the same quality work out. Maybe it's all in my head. Who knows it's not off the table yet.

I do work out 6-7 days a week for 1 hour plus. I also walk while at work on my breaks. The nutrition part has been the biggest obsticle for me. I have drastically changed how I eat. Fat free milk, whole grains, lean protein, tons of water, fruits & veggies. My biggest downfall is sweets..chocolate is my enemy:)
  • criscricket
    Options
    Hi Jennifer! Add me please I just joined and I am looking for support. Congrats on your weight loss!
    Cricket
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    Hi Jennifer! First off, let me congratulate you on your HUGE weight loss success! That is BIG!!!! (Pat on the back) :) I just would like to suggest that you might want to add weights into your workout routine. It sounds like you are doing great on the cardio end but your body is hitting that plateau. By lifting weights, (not necessarily huge amounts, but maybe start off between 3-5 lbs and work them into your daily workout. Or you can gradually build yourself into doing heavier weights in sets). By doing the weights, your building up and boosting your metabolism, which in turn burns more fat. I hope this helps and feel free to add me as a friend! I wish you much success in your future weight loss journey and I'm here to give you all the extra support you need! :)
  • tuck1jl
    Options
    Thank you for the advice:) I actually do include weights in my exercises. Most of the biggest loser workouts include strength training. I have 5 & 8lb weights.
  • MotivationINeed
    Options
    Feel free to add me :-)
  • Harmonee301
    Harmonee301 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wow 70 pounds down already! That's just fantastic. I believe in you Jennifer and I know you can and will do it. I'm sort of a Jesus freak and find myself praying temtation away. Works for me most of the time. Just a thought. :smooched:
  • heathermarie311
    Options
    That is amazing, I lost 50 and gained some back and now i am trying to get control of it again. BOY is it hard. You may add me
  • Believe1432
    Options
    hi jenifer! i recently got back on the healthy lifestyle track and would love to give and receive some encouragement! it is beyond amazing to know that youve already lost 70 lbs :) awesome job! ive lost alot of weight before but fell off the wagon then gained most it back. BUT im determined to change that. :) congrats on the 70 icky pounds that are gone now :)

vanessa
  • Angelap1121
    Options
    feel free to add me as well. I just started my journey last year and need friends to help motivate!
  • fortydaysrain
    fortydaysrain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello Jennifer,

Sounds like we're on very similar journeys. I was over 300 pounds in high school and lost 90 pounds. After getting married, I gained it all back again. 2 years ago I made a committment to get my weight back down. So far I've lost over 70 pounds too. I will tell you some of the things that keep me motivated, but these things don't work for everyone!

#1. I bought myself a calendar. Every day that I work out I put a check on the calendar. Every Wednesday I weigh myself and write the weight on the calendar.
    #2. I am part of a fitness group on facebook. We all report what we do, hearing peoples sucess keeps me motivated and it's a great support system if you have downfalls.
    #3. Keeping track of calories and exercise.
  • tuck1jl
    Options
    I have a history of losing weight and then gaining it back again. It sounds like I'm not the only one. I am a firm believer that if you stumble, all you have to do is get right back up. There are definately days that all the junk food and being a couch potatoe sound like heaven. But then I remember just how miserable and helpless I felt when I was doing those things. I felt my life was out of control. My weight was running my life.

I finally woke up one day and realized I MUST make a change, I HAVE to be better. I didn't like who I was and was down right tired of letting myself down. The guilt of it all really snowballs. Luckily, my husband is amazing and supportive but I don't need him to be successful. I know I can do this. Unfortunately there are days when old habits creap back in thus my reasoning for joining this site.

I will say this again & again..thank you everyone for all your support!! I will try my hardest to be just as strong for all of you:)
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Jennifer, I'm from Michigan.

I have been on this weight loss journey for awhile and have lost almost 70lbs. I have a long way to go but can feel myself starting to lose steam. I could really use some friends to share the experience with. I am strong & determined but I know with help from friends on myfitness pal would make me even stronger:)

Thank you everyone!

First, CONGRATS! That's an amazing accomplishment and you should be so proud of what you've done this far. Now might be a good time to change things up. Find a new "active" hobby to keep things interesting - maybe a class at a gym or local studio. Lots of places offer free sessions or there may be walking/running clubs in your area where you can make it more social. Switch up your diet by learning to cook new things and integrating different foods that you may not have tried before now. Also, try breaking up the rest of your goal into smaller goals. It can be overwhelming to look forward and still think in terms of a large number to overcome. Make smaller goals and enjoy more victories as you meet them. Good luck!! Keep up the hard work!
  • KathyR62
    Options
    Try the website skinneytaste.com A lot of great recipes !
  • fortydaysrain
    fortydaysrain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    KathyR62 - I LOVE skinnytaste!

Jennifer - I think what has worked for me so far this time is that instead of doing these restrictive fad diets, when I want to eat something I eat it. When I don't, I find myself trying to find a suitable substitute and I'm bummed. My favorite example: One day I was DYING for one of those Friendly's Ice Cream cups they sell at the grocery store. I wanted a Reeses Pieces one. I decided instead to subsitute that craving with my Skinny Minty ice cream in the fridge, which worked that night. But the next day I was dying to have the real thing, but I hit up the Skinny Minty again. Next day, same story, but I gave in and got my Friendly's craving and that craving went away. So instead of taking that ONE day of craving and giving in, I ate subsitutes that accounted for MORE calories than my original craving. So for me, when I want something I indulge.