10 Weight Loss Commandments

Options
Here is something that was sent to me. It's helpful and I just wanted to share it...

1. Thou shall stay hydrated with water, not sugary or carbonated beverages.
2. Thou shall avoid food with preservatives and high salt content.
3. Thou shall not eat past 7 pm in the evening or before 6 am in the morning.
4. Thou shall not ‘give up’ on a diet or ‘give in’ to a binge after a minor slip up.
5. Thou shall do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day; a brisk walk is fine.
6. Thou shall not eat at unplanned or unusual times, or when emotional.
7. Thou shall find a distraction when cold pizza or left over birthday cake is left unattended.
8. Thou shall not be discouraged, this takes time, and quick fixes aren’t lasting.
9. Thou shall eat regularly; starvation diets are only temporary solution to lifelong problems.
10. Thou shall never feel alone; we’re in this together.

Replies

• amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    ^ ha! Cute, I don't follow all of *those* exactly, but if those are your commandments that great! Lol
  • SeeEmRun2012
    Options
    Here is something that was sent to me. It's helpful and I just wanted to share it...

4. Thou shall not ‘give up’ on a diet or ‘give in’ to a binge after a minor slip up.
    7. Thou shall find a distraction when cold pizza or left over birthday cake is left unattended.
    8. Thou shall not be discouraged, this takes time, and quick fixes aren’t lasting.
    9. Thou shall eat regularly; starvation diets are only temporary solution to lifelong problems.

Great Post Sha...very helpful and if you don't mind i'll probably steal it! Haha it's great stuff you keep in the back of your mind. Thanks!
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Great Post Sha...very helpful and if you don't mind i'll probably steal it! Haha it's great stuff you keep in the back of your mind. Thanks!

haha I stole it myself so go right ahead and pass along lol..definitely nice to keep this in mind
  • tiamaria8182
    tiamaria8182 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!!
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Love these rules. We can do this together!!
  • epurucker82
    epurucker82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love this...only problem is I get up at 2am and always have protein before or after my workout :laugh:
  • Shaneekwa
    Options
    Love these rules. We can do this together!!

We definitely can. I'm pretty good with everything except not eating after 7. I have to work extremely hard at that
  • peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    Thanks!!!! Need it!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Bro science

Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Bro science

Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss

Agreed! However, otherwise good post!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Love it! I think I'll make it into a poster for my work space and my fridge at home!
  • bearfan42
    Options
    That's pretty cool!!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options

^Amen!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    In the spirit of assuring that we are sharing accurate info, this is a myth.

Timing and frequency of meals is largely irrelevant. For more facts: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390149-should-i-eat-at-night
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

6. Thou shall not eat at unplanned or unusual times

Do you all really eat at planned times of the day? I just eat when i'm hungry...sometimes that's at really weird hours lol.
  • Shaneekwa
    Options

6. Thou shall not eat at unplanned or unusual times

Do you all really eat at planned times of the day? I just eat when i'm hungry...sometimes that's at really weird hours lol.

Majority of the time I'm eating at the same time daily.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I think the not eating after a certain hour, for me, keeps me from over-eating and going way over my calories for the day. I personally need a "cut off" Especially at night when I finally have some free time and am more likely to want to snack and graze for me not eating after 7pm has helped greatly but to each his own. The main thing is meeting goal.
  • Shaneekwa
    Options
    In the spirit of assuring that we are sharing accurate info, this is a myth.

Timing and frequency of meals is largely irrelevant. For more facts: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390149-should-i-eat-at-night

Myth or fact...I like the idea of not eating pass a certain time because I use to have a habit of eating late and then going directly to bed. So it's a matter of what you prefer