recipe help!!!!

okay, so yesterday my dad bought me and my finacee a brand new deep freezer, so i can buy more meat to be able to cook at home since Im losing weight.... but now Im at a loss of recipes that are weight loss friendly... anyone got some calorie friendly recipes they would like to share that are also kid friendly?

any help would be appreciated, or if you know of any good websites, please float them my way! :D

KaironandTaviansmommy!

Replies

• Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    I'm playing with new recipes lately because it's pretty fun to test some things out. Here are a few I've actually made and eaten so I can confirm they taste yummy!!

Chicken & Black Beans with Cream Cheese

Cook Time: 4 hours
    Servings: 4

4 -5 boneless chicken breasts
    1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
    1 (15 ounce) can corn
    1 (15 ounce) jar salsa, any kind
    1 (8 ounce) package Fat Free cream cheese

Directions:

1) Take 4-5 frozen boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot.
    2) Add 1 can of black beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa, 1 can of corn drained.
    3) Keep in crock pot on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
    4) Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for about 1/2 hour.
    5) All done and enjoy!

Turkey Chili

Posted by Darlene Gowan- Lindsey

19 or 20 oz of ground turkey
    1/2 tsp red pepper
    1/2 tsp basil
    1/2 tsp chili powder
    1 T onion powder
    2-14.5 oz cans Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
    1-6 oz can low sodium tomato paste
    1 cup low sodium chicken broth

Cook the turkey in a pan first (I like to add the seasonings to the meat while it's "browning"). Then just throw it all in the crock...a couple of hrs on high or longer on low. It's already cooked, so just until it's heated through.

Makes about 5 servings (approx. 10-11 oz each)

Calories 242 (approx)
    Fat 9.4
    Sodium 664
    Carbs 14.5
    Fiber 6.3
    Sugars 9
    Protein 22.5

(Note: I add in light red kidney beans and also a can of chickpeas. Makes it more chili-like! And I put fat free sour cream and reduced fat cheddar cheese to top it off)

Chicken Sausage Lentil Soup

1 lb turkey sausage(any kind will do)
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 stalk celery, finely chopped
    1 tablespoon chopped garlic
    1 (16 ounce) package dry lentils, rinsed(I use either green or brown. red come out a weird consistency)
    1 cup shredded or chopped carrot
    6 cups water
    2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth, reduced sodium
    1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
    2 bay leaves
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/4 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Place sausage in a large pot. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Add onion, celery and chopped garlic, and saute until tender and translucent. Stir in lentils, carrot, water, chicken broth and tomatoes. Season with garlic powder, parsley, bay leaves, oregano, thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover, and simmer for about an hour to an hour and a half. Test it and make sure your lentils are tender. Remove from heat and cool for about 30 minutes to an hour.

(Someone on MFP just gave me this recipe and it's cooking right now. It smells SO DARN GOOD!)

If you have Facebook, look up Skinny Crockpot.They have tons of great recipes!

I've made the three cheese baked ziti and the chicken and black beans meal. I've made the turkey stuffed peppers which were awesome!!

Other websites - skinnyms.com (Recipe section) and skinnytaste.com

I'm having WAY too much fun with all this new stuff. :)
  • Thank you sooo much!! I will definitely be look at those websites tonight and planning some new family meals! I appreciate all the help! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    My favorite recipe websites:

EatingWell.com
    Skinnytaste.com