Ideas for a sweet tooth?

Options

Replies

• My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    i could eat sugar like a crack addict smokes crack ... i had to work hard at getting rid of sugar out of my system.. i do get my moments but they are really rare now thankfully. this past month i have been using raw honey on some things to sweeten up some nonfat plain greek yogurt and or in coffee . raw honey is really good for you --according to everyone i talk to and what ive read. all i know from experience is that when i eat healthy long term then i dont crave the sweets like i used to

Ha! You and me both! Sugar KILLED my weight loss. I played the "I have the calories" game. To me the best solution is to go cold turkey on the sweets. I'm in my third week of sugar detox.I used to have something sugary everyday. The first week, I made it 3 days without having anything. That week I had two sweet desserts and was over my sugar by 165g's for the week (this was my lowest since October). Last week, I did have a tbsp of nutella one night, but I didn't go over my sugar that day. My final for the week was 30g's over. This week's goal will be to lower that to 10 over or less. Some sugar cannot be avoided. But my cravings aren't like they were those first 3 days....
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    3-2-1 cake. Take the dry ingredients from a box of angel food cake. Take the dry ingredients from any other cake mix you like. Mix them together and store in a ziploc-type bag. When ready for a "piece" of cake, here comes the 3-2-1 part:

Take 3 TBSP of cake mix
    Take 2 TBSP of water
    Mix them in a coffee cup
    Put them in the microwave for 1 minute

You have a delicious piece of cake, very satisfying for my sweet tooth, and no leftover cake. You can also top as "needed."

42 calories.

Enjoy.

I love you for posting this! I am going to try it. If it works for me, just know I love you even more! :flowerforyou:
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I try and eat fruit, grapes, oranges, and my newest thing is red pummelo.

However, when I want chocolate, I eat Nestle's chocolate chips.
  • angelltn
    Options
    Sugar free Jello....entire box....2c. is only 20 calories! I found that out this weekend! :)
  • boa74
    boa74 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have glasses of skimmed milk with chocolate Nesquick or I freeze juices and have them like lollies!:drinker:
  • Barby1959
    Barby1959 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I purchased some Kraft holiday marshmallows - 100 calories for 14 pieces and that really helps me get by.:happy:
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Fudgesicles!
  • TiredOfBeingFAT130
    Options
    This is my favorite snack when I have a massive sweet tooth... I take about a tbsp of whipped PB and mix it with 3-4tbsp of cool whip free. It becomes almost like a peanut butter frosting. I just eat it by the spoonful. It's so sweet and so delicious.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    3-2-1 cake. Take the dry ingredients from a box of angel food cake. Take the dry ingredients from any other cake mix you like. Mix them together and store in a ziploc-type bag. When ready for a "piece" of cake, here comes the 3-2-1 part:

Take 3 TBSP of cake mix
    Take 2 TBSP of water
    Mix them in a coffee cup
    Put them in the microwave for 1 minute

You have a delicious piece of cake, very satisfying for my sweet tooth, and no leftover cake. You can also top as "needed."

42 calories.

Enjoy.

^^
    This is NOT 42 calories. If you read the original thread (OK, really, really long) .... most people came up with 110 calories
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    sugar free pudding 60 calories topped with fat free reddi whip 10 calories lol :love:

THIS!!! i have the pudding pretty much every night, and the whip when i want to make it snazzy.
  • castaliavt
    castaliavt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The only thing that helps with my sweet tooth is to not eat any sugar. I did this a few months ago and did great until Christmas when sweets started sneaking back into my daily diet. I'm trying again to cut out added sugars. If I start off the day with sugar in my coffee, I'm like a crack head the rest of the day. I had to train myself to like coffee w/ just milk. Definitely not as tasty or satisfying as milk and sugar, but it does help with the cravings. I noticed that after a few days of eliminating all added sugar, things were tasting naturally sweeter.

Also I steer clear of artificial sweeteners. They trick your brain and make you crave sweets more.
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    :love: :love:
    Home Made Ice Cream Sandwiches

Low Fat Honey Graham Cracker
    Cool Whip.

crack cracker on lines- add cool whip to one side. top with other half. freeze...tastes just like and ice cream sandwich.
    Tastes sinful, but pretty good for you:)

:smooched: :smooched: BUMP!!! THANKS
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I really dislike straight up jello, BUT when you mix (like really mix them in together) sugar free jello with fat free cool whip, it makes a lovely light and fruity dessert. I also like snacking on prunes. Two or three will satisfy a sweet tooth, but those are not for everyone. And then there's always the tried and true fallback of a banana and peanut butter. I also haven't quit sugar and sweets altogether. Most nights I'll have a little piece of chocolate or something. It fits within my calories, and it really helps forestall cravings. And so far, it hasn't affected my weight loss.
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    One square of Dove Dark Chocolate is about 40 calories. At the end of the day I treat myself to TWO! I eat them very, very slowly, and allow each bite to melt completely in my mouth. Ridiculously satisfying and only 80 calories for real chocolate. I buy them in bags when on sale.
  • BettyBlueEyes
    BettyBlueEyes Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Cadbury's light chocolate mousse - 60 calories and they taste like they're really bad for you :)
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I have a very sweet tooth, especially in regards to chocolate. Here are 2 things I do.

Mix together 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 tbsp peanut butter & plain non-fat greek yogurt. Mix with handmixer and eat. Super yummy & full of protein.

Mix together 1 box of sugar free fat free chocolate pudding, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder & 2 cups of skim milk. Mix with handmixer and eat. (This makes between 4-6 servings depending on how big of a serving you want). Totally hits the sweet tooth craving. (I also crumble up cinnamon graham crackers in it if I have the extra calories)
  • cavla
    cavla Posts: 1
    Options
    Weight watchers marshmallow wafers.the caramel definitely eases the craving and at 55 calories a wafer they are definitely a treat worth having! :)
  • the2aces
    the2aces Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I didn't read everyone's posts (cause it would make me hungry for dessert and it's just past lunch time :p) so forgive me if someone else has already posted this, but I too have a MASSIVE sweet tooth, and have trouble not having some kind of dessert at the end of the day. My biggest problem, though, is not feeling like i've had ENOUGH dessert. One of those little pudding cups, while delicious and low in calories, always leaves me wanting more. The trick is having a big enough portion to make you feel satisfied mentally.

Here's what I've done recently that I love:

-Make your own angel food cake (it's easy and fun!) or buy one. Precut the tops of slices so you're never tempted to just grab some not knowing if it's a good portion size or not. Know how many calories are in each slice - a decent size one should have only about 100 or 110.

-Make your own strawberry sauce! Cut up a quart of strawberries, add sugar to taste (I use a tablespoon) and cook it for about 20 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently. Voila! Should make about 1.5 cups of sauce, which means 1 tablespoon is only 16 calories! Use two tablespoons on top of a slice of angel food for a big, satisfying, and healthy dessert at only 140 calories.

-Buy Lovin' Scoopful ice cream. It's absolutely delicious and low in calorie (and less expensive than the Edy's it sits right next to in the supermarket). Have one serving of the peanut butter cup ice cream for 140 calories (1/2 a cup) and add a tablespoon of your strawberry sauce for a PB+J sundae with a total of 156 calories!

-If you can deal with something slightly less sweet than traditional desserts, make this - http://www.ahastylife.com/2011/03/banana-bread-yes-it-is-low-calorie.html - it's awesome! 115 calories per slice (12 slices per loaf). Don't overbake and it'll be perfect!

-http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/12/peppermint-meringues - these are AWESOME, super fun to make, and only about 15 calories per cookie depending on how big you make them and how many it makes. Seriously - you can have like 6 or 8 in a sitting!!

-a friend of mine posted these and they seem like a good idea. haven't tried 'em yet - http://domestocrat.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/recipe-the-most-satisfying-15-minute-no-bake-dessert-now-with-nutritional-information/

-Can't wait to make these during the summer! http://nomnomnomblog.com/2011/05/11/a-taste-of-summer-and-a-new-video/
  • kaybo89
    Options
    Home Made Ice Cream Sandwiches

Low Fat Honey Graham Cracker
    Cool Whip.

crack cracker on lines- add cool whip to one side. top with other half. freeze...tastes just like and ice cream sandwich.
    Tastes sinful, but pretty good for you:)

My mom makes these ALL the time. Absolutely wonderful!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Have it pulled.