I need major Water Bottle Help !!!

Options
I'm having a Water Bottle Crisis. :(

Sometimes - but not always, my water bottle falls over and drenching my coat and workout clothes, as well as my towel and whatever else is in my bag. I take the bus to the gym and have to walk home in these wet clothes and it's still winter here !

Anyone ? Thanks.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Contigo makes my favorite no-spill water bottle: http://www.gocontigo.com/autoseal-water-bottle-24-oz.html

They have other varieties, so look around their website to see what suits you best. I like this basic 24oz version - doesn't leak or spill, I take it with me everywhere - just press a button to sip, no straws or lids to mess with, easy to do with one hand. They used to have them at Costco and Target, but both places (at least in my area) have switched to other models either with the straw, or a double-walled version, which I dislike because it holds fewer ounces.

They are having a Valentine's sale right now - but any red or pink bottles & get 20% off. :heart:

Check Amazon too - they have them and often at lower prices.

Edited to add: Right now the Contigo website looks cheaper - you can get a 3-pack for $19.99!
  • cyclingmom
    Options
    Had this problem too 'cause my gym bag does not have an outside upright water bottle pocket and my water bottle is often lying sideways on my not-so-full bag... I had to try a few ones and even got some stainless steel ones but these 'sweat'. I finally settled on the Nalgene On The Fly that I bought from L.L. Bean:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/71272?feat=506932-GN3

I use it for spinning class and can open it with one hand, useful when you're running on the treadmill and need a quick sip. No screwing the cap back on, or a straw that can poke you or can be hard to wash. Plus, I heard L.L. Bean's customer service can't be beat. I have not had to return an item to them but their online cs is quick to respond to any questions. I think they have lifetime guarantee too...? They don't seem to have a local store here in Canada, but they always have that free shipping no minimum thing going on.

Happy shopping! :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I guess I more want a holster or holder than another water bottle.

Thanks for replying, though.
  • mamatonine
    Options
    Try a one gallon ziplic freezer bag, just put the bottle inside and zip it shut. If it leaks it will stay inside the bag and your clothing should stay dry, and it is cheap.
  • sbb4406
    sbb4406 Posts: 65
    Options
    If you do decide to get another, I really like the Camelbak bottles with a bite valve (http://www.amazon.com/Camelbak-Better-Bottle-Litre-Purple/dp/B0019D73XO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327973248&sr=8-1)
    They don't leak at all, and you can get them in a pretty big size (1L) if you're out for long periods of time and don't have many opportunities for refills. If you don't like bite valves, you can just take it off when you go to drink (like a cap lol) and put it back on to prevent leaking. Otherwise, yeah, your best bet would be to put it in a resealable bag of some kind. Won't stop spills, but it'll stop spills getting on important things lol
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    As an update, I tried the extra bag thing. I ended up having a bag of water. :(

Luckily, I found a narrow tallish bag on my travels which juuust fits the water bottle and my other necessities on the sides. It works great.

But thank for trying, y'all !!!!