I need more calories in a day without more sugar! Help Pleas

Options
Hello,
If you wouldnt mind taking a look at my food diary. I have been eating well, but too far under. What should I be adding to my diet!

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I would try to add more veggies to your diet - aside from lettuce, your diet seems to be lacking in them. Invest in some steamer bags with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots etc. - they go on sale pretty often and are ready in minutes! Also, consider something like a big filling salad with a lean protein and lots of veggies for lunch.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Bump. I seem to be having the same problem. Looks like a lot of your sugar is coming from yogurt (where I am finding a lot of mine comes from). I'm planning to look into sugar free yogurt but not sure if it even exists...
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    less fruit and more vegetables. fruit is good for you but its still loaded with sugar!

if youre having a hard time with vegetables try adding some beans to your diet. very filling and FULL of protein.
  • setter928
    setter928 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    okay! So more veggies! and beans! I can add black beans to my dinner tonight! thanks guys!
  • jnpippins
    jnpippins Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Took a quick look at what you have logged in and as a certified nutritional coach, I'd push you to put a lot more veggies and protein into your diet. Doesn't matter what color of veggie, either. You need to aim for 5 cups EVERY DAY! The only thing I hate about myfitnesspal is that their ratio of carbs to protein is waaaaaaay off. I'm wondering if that's why I don't see grilled chicken, salmon, tuna, reduced fat cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or 93/7 lean beef on your log. EVERY WOMAN should aim for approximately .8 grams of protein for every lb they carry. I like to keep more muscle than that so I usually eat about 1 to 1.5 grams for each lb of body weight I carry. The added veggies and protein will satiate you throughout the day not to mention give you great nutrients to wake up your metabolism. Best of luck!
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    okay! So more veggies! and beans! I can add black beans to my dinner tonight! thanks guys!
    oh man i think i might have black beans too
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I agree with the vegetables...there are many different kinds. Yyou could cut back on the processed snacks (i.e. granola bars) and cut back on the amount of yogurt you eat. Sugars from fruits is good (in my opinion) because they are natural sugars. I cut back on the number of days a week I eat yogurt to reduce my sugars from processed foods. You also may want to try nuts for calories. Lots of protein and minerals that your body needs.