Replaced my scale :(

Options
I knew that my bathroom scale was out of wack. It was a digital scale that we have had in our bathroom for 2 years that my fiance had for another year and 1/2 before we moved in together. Sometimes you would step on it and get nothing, sometimes and error message, and other times crazzzzyyyy high or low readings. Just to see what the deal was I weighed myself 3 times in a row with only 5min in between and got a different reading each time. Long story short I bought a new scale yesterday and it seems as if my start weight was higher than I had originally thought. While I still think I have lost the same amount (give or take a lb or two) this concept is a little depressing to me. I was prancing around thinking I had made it to the 180's and in reality I was still in the 190's. I knew better than to trust my old scale, so I guess this is what I get.

Anyone else have this happen to them???

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Our bathroom scale is a waste of space. I bought it more than 5 years ago on clearance for $5. Why I still even have it is beyond me. I weigh in at my parents' house on Friday mornings (that way I am not on the scale every day all day checking to see if maybe...) My husband will get on our home one and I feel bad but have to remind him that it is roughly TWENTY pounds off, meaning he is roughly 20 pounds BIGGER than he thought. Your post reminded me that I really need to toss it out. :blushing:
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    See, I think mine was 5-7 off...but that is still 5-7 I thought I had lost! Minor set back but it kinda played with my head there for a bit.
    I am glad I could be a reminder for you too, lol!!

Well not really lost I take that back...it just upped my starting point.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yes! It was so sad...I know my body obviously didn't change or get bigger with the new scale, but it was so depressing to step on the new one and be about 12 pounds heavier than on my old one (and, sadly, the new one was actually accurate). I really had to readjust me weight loss goals in my head, because suddenly I was 12 pounds further away from my goal weight, and all my mini goals were different too. Crazy how that scale number can seriously affect my head.
  • cescts
    cescts Posts: 2
    Options
    Yup, same thing happened to me. Lost 7 pounds, was so happy and then weighed myself at the gym one day. It was 5 pounds more than home (same clothes, same time, etc). Tried my 10Lb weight on the scale at home and it was 6 pounds. Got a new scale (Eatsmart digital) and now I am 5 pounds heavier...oh well, still happy I lost the 7 pounds, but it is still depressing!