I'm new to the site and started today

Options
2»

Replies

• AshleyNicoleRoutson
    Options
    What is the site about reviews? :/

http://www.dietresearch.com/diet-reviews/slimquick/

Here ya go! I read it for a bit and its a reliable source! Just take a look and see what ya think! I would personally vote against them... :(
  • JoyWoodruff
    JoyWoodruff Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Joy- I'm doing slim quick not slim fast lol.. I'm just trying one box for now to see if it makes any difference but I would never do slim fast with I tried a shake once and it was disgusting.. I'm just exploring ways to enhance weight loss along with diet and exercise:)

I c. Yeah I've never done either of those. I did get the GNC Lean Shake they come in vanilla, chocolate and strawberry and offer 25g of protein with only 170cals, 6g fat and 6g carbs. Also offers 25% of all vitamins. http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4371946 I normally have one of those in the morning and use the vanilla bean with coffee as my creamer lol. (dont know if you drink coffee but its a great alternative since there is only 2g sugar as opposed double that on reg. coffee creamers)

Also, what I found out is that doing walking, running or cardio is good but you MUST incorporate some weight training as well because if you have a desk job like me, your muscles will burn fat while you sit.

Don't ever starve yourself, and like the other person said, the best foods are not the prepackaged ones. I am guilty of eating those myself, but Im trying to break myself of that habit. I'm on the go alot and eat out more often than not. I'm actually learning my way around the kitchen :) lol and have started to preplan, premake, and pack lunches.
  • Alm1055
    Alm1055 Posts: 26
    Options
    I tried all that stuff like slimquik, slimfast, nv, all of them and I lost some weight with them but then I gained it right back as soon as I stopped taking them. The results are slower just doing diet and exercise but you will keep it off better if you do it this way. Also I started doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Micheals its a tough workout but you see awesome results. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Alinabearsmom
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! this site is very helpful! its amazing how motivating people are.. Also seeing success stories is so inspirational! I'm looking forward to a long journey as well.. but with the help of MFP I know my goals will be accomplished.. you can do it girl.. Add me if you'd like.. I always say, the more friends, the better, more motivation and so many healthy tips!!
  • JoyWoodruff
    Options

Here ya go! I read it for a bit and its a reliable source! Just take a look and see what ya think! I would personally vote against them... :(

What do you think about the GNC Lean shakes?
  • OkiePugLover
    OkiePugLover Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • XoAlexandraMarie
    Options
    Can you be my friend please :)
  • Starlight94
    Options
    Welcome! I've added you, feel free to add me everyone :P this is my fifth day on here :)
  • LOVEJAMIE08
    Options
    I just finished reading the reviews posted about slimquick.. I'm really surprised.. I read LOTS of reviews before I purchased it. Somehow I didn't see this page? There were very few negative things written about the drink packets.. I'm definitely going to have to look further into it before I continue use.. Also I haven't had a chance to heck out the GNC shakes yet but I will:) thanks again for everyone commenting and requesting me! :)
  • AshleyNicoleRoutson
    Options

I saw there was sucralose and few processed ingredients in there, I would say they are better than a fat burner, however I would ONLY use the shakes as a snack on the go when you have no other options. I wouldnt use them as a meal replacement everyday. I think it is okay to have them every now and then tho! But I would always recommend straight whey protein with water or almond milk, cuts out all the procesed junk, saves you money and its easy to make! Plus the nutritional benefit is awesome!
  • tfancey
    tfancey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading the reviews posted about slimquick.. I'm really surprised.. I read LOTS of reviews before I purchased it. Somehow I didn't see this page? There were very few negative things written about the drink packets.. I'm definitely going to have to look further into it before I continue use.. Also I haven't had a chance to heck out the GNC shakes yet but I will:) thanks again for everyone commenting and requesting me! :)

I love SlimQuick drink mixes, I'll admit it but they are horrible to quit... the caffeine and everything really is tough to get off and any weight you lose on it will come back like, the next day.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welocme! You have already made the right choice. So many great people. Love the motivation! I'll send you a friend request if you'd like to help each other out!! Good luck!
  • JoyWoodruff
    Options

I saw there was sucralose and few processed ingredients in there, I would say they are better than a fat burner, however I would ONLY use the shakes as a snack on the go when you have no other options. I wouldnt use them as a meal replacement everyday. I think it is okay to have them every now and then tho! But I would always recommend straight whey protein with water or almond milk, cuts out all the procesed junk, saves you money and its easy to make! Plus the nutritional benefit is awesome!
    Thanks, I'm a bit lazy so I went with the quick alternative and you're right its got sucralose on the last part of the label. Damn sugar - the enemy lol. I'll probably keep using them for right now until I get myself more organized about preparing my meals ahead of time and such. 20 days in so far so I'm making my adjustments as I go.. one step at a time. I totally agree about the processed junk, I've eaten the processed foods most of my life so I have a long way to go to get totally clean. I do find learning about the human body and how it is a delicate balance is really interesting.

Thanks again and good luck with your goals.