Half Marathon

Options
Is there something that you can download for ipod of smart phone that is a mix of music and motivation that helps you aim for a certain time? Have I dreamt this?! I've been training with a friend and she's faster and I know I'll be left alone which I'm not good with!

Replies

• geeksrule
    geeksrule Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just use my own tunes on my iphone - but if you find something that is timed for a certain pace/speed - please let me know as I would like something that could pace too!!
  • Jugsie23
    Options
    I would like to know if there is an answer for this too. Which half marathon are you doing?
  • FitFi74
    FitFi74 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Blackpool half in Feb and a Lakeland trail in March! I'm sure I've heard of something like it - but can't find it now!
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    jog.fm

It helps you create playlists based on your desired pace.

Good luck~
  • kitkat1781
    Options
    Try this link

http://runningmusicmix.com/

It looks like they sort music by BPM (Beats Per Minute) You'd have to figure out how that equates to your running pace, I guess, but it looks like it might be helpful?
  • kitkat1781
    Options
    jog.fm

It helps you create playlists based on your desired pace.

Good luck~

This site is so cool!!! Thanks for posting about it! I can't wait to go home and create a new playlist!!!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I use the runkeeper app. And a half training program from runnersworld.com

So I know tomorrow that I have to do 5km at a pace of 9:14 per km. When I start my run I turn runkeeper on. It has a gps function it tells me how far I've gone and my current pace and my avg pace. I make sure I meet that avg pace, running and walking.

The training plan is based off my last 10k race time. So it builds endurance and speed from there.

You'd be responsible for your own playlist.

Is that kinda the information you're looking for?
  • gleechick609
    Options
    If you go onto Itunes they have a ton of podcasts with music.
  • scotrunner
    Options
    You got some great suggestions there, good question!! I just looked at jog.fm - fantastic!!
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Motion Traxx has podcast programs with specific beats per minute. You can download from itunes.
  • FitFi74
    Options
    Brilliant! Thanks so much for the suggestions x
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    Options
    You got some great suggestions there, good question!! I just looked at jog.fm - fantastic!!

It [jog.fm] is how I create almost all of my playlists. I change it up about every 8 weeks.
  • BuildABetterMe
    Options
    Podrunner Intervals! Available as a PodCast through iTunes, or on the web:

http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html

Both are absolutely FREE and are great programs
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I use mapmyrun along with my own playlist on my smartphone (andriod market). It tracks my distance, pace, split, calories. I like it because I can listen to my own music. I also use HIIT Interval timer. You can run the apps at the same time and mapmyrun loads to the website.
  • losingitforsummer
    losingitforsummer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try Motion Traxx on iTunes, i've enjoyed listening to their tracks while running
  • Mariposa7
    Mariposa7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FitFi74
    Options
    Booo! Just tried to download some playlists from Jog.FM and they don't work in the UK!
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    Options
    Booo! Just tried to download some playlists from Jog.FM and they don't work in the UK!

:( sorry!!!