Just trying to tone my body up!

Options
Im only 148 and im 5'8 so i don't have that much fat on me. I'm just really trying to use this to tone my body up a little to get ready for the summer ! So add me so y'all can see how everything goes :)

Replies

• XoAlexandraMarie
    Options
    How cool.
    I am 5'10, & weigh 115.
    I wanna trim down too.
    I feel hella fat
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    AHHH!! The "T" word! NOOOO!!

Can you tell me what you think "tone" means and how you get it?
  • ChristiKidd
    Options
    Gessh your taller than me and i feel fat now ! Haha but i dont look it at all. My body is just not toned up as i want it to be for sure not ready for a bikini !
  • ChristiKidd
    Options
    Im just trying to make it look GOOD . Not just a body lol hard to explain
  • AshleyNicoleRoutson
    Options
    Are you lifting weights?
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    Im just trying to make it look GOOD . Not just a body lol hard to explain

The word "toning" gets thrown around but most people don't know what it means. Most only know what it looks like when they see it in a magazine. "Oh, he/she looks toned!". In reality, toning is two things.. building muscle mass, and lowering body fat in order to show off that muscle mass. So.. you need to lift HEAVY weights to build muscle and you need to adjust what and how much goes in your mouth to lose fat.
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am also working on building muscle and looking and feeling good. I lost the weight I wanted for now and i'm on the maintenance part of this journey. I have started the lifting process and raised the lbs i lift.. Its been an interesting change from the loss part to the building part.. feel free to add me if you would like..