What does a 7lb 30DS weight loss look like? (up to the end o

Options
I've had a good response on my own wall from this so thought I would share.

My 7lb weight loss after doing 30DS (up to the end of level 2), eating clean, 1600 cals minimum a day, running and weights.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Jugsie23/view/what-does-a-7lb-weight-loss-look-like-203565

Don't give up! It's a brilliant workout and can help you kick start other means of fitness too. I had more energy and felt stronger after the first 10 days.

Good luck to all those doing 30DS!

Replies

• Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Truly inspiring!! I am training for a half-marathon ritght now, but have already decided to start 30DS a week after the race. I have the DVD and am ready to start! I have seen some great before and after pics. There is an amazing difference in your pictures - very hard to believe that happened in only 30 days!!!!

What a great job! Keep it up!! You look fabulous!!

Thanks for sharing!
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have such yummy MFP friends!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    This is excellent. I'm about half way though the 30DS and haven't lost a lot on the scale, but I am losing inches. I hope I do as well as you!
  • ksaranya
    Options
    Amazing!!!!!
  • garp4
    garp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! I should really take mine out of the wrapper and give it a go! So yes, maybe you will be my inspiration!
  • Jugsie23
    Options
    I have such yummy MFP friends!!

Ha ha xxx
  • journeytocaitlin
    journeytocaitlin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME! So true, you definitely have to remember that muscle gain can make the scale number not go down as much...but you can def. tell the fat came off. Good for you! I'm on day 10 or 11 now of the shred. I've lost 6 pounds already...can't wait to see where I'm at on day 30!

<3 Caitlin
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Did you do it once or twice a day?

Day 2 for me and I'm struggling quite a bit.
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    Wow... u look stunning !!

thanks for ur blog.. I have just started with 30 DS and did on Saturday.... couldnt do it yesterday and today I am still in " will do after a while" state... but after seeing ur blog..I am like.... "let me jus go n knock it and finish my Day 2 " state...

thanks for being an inspiration :) hope to see myself soon in that shape :)
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    You look GREAT! Many people start out with a Gain, how long did it take to start losing weight?

regardless, your transition is fabulous!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    amazing! makes me excited to get back to it tonight!!!!!!
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Unreal! Can't believe it's 7 lbs, looks like way more. Nice work.
  • Jugsie23
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

Sophie983 - twice a day??! Woah no way.

I did it on average 4-5 times a week. I've had a bit of a break the past couple of weeks as I've been running with the dog in the mornings. I'm going to start level 3 tomorrow for the first time.

I found it just kick started everything for me. It helped me feel fitter and stronger much quicker and the weight didn't start coming off until I actually UPPED my calories believe it or not. Got some great advice from Helloitsdan on here who shook up my eating and then it started to fall off from 1st Jan really.

I tend to do it at 6am before everyone gets up so it really sets me up for the day. Good luck to everyone doing it, my advice would be to blog your progress. Even if you feel like nobody reads it, it's good to reference back.
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    You made me finish my Day 2 Level 1 :) Thanks so much... it didnt seem as sore as it was on Saturday :) I had to take 2 breaks, half a minute each on Day 1 but only 1 today . Felt like itz finished in very less time :)

Must admit.. at a moment when I felt so painful.. your pics had come into my eyes and kept me going :) thanks so much :)
  • cgoedert92
    cgoedert92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    wow thats crazy, it looks like you lost 30lbs. good job !!!
  • Jugsie23
    Options
    You made me finish my Day 2 Level 1 :) Thanks so much... it didnt seem as sore as it was on Saturday :) I had to take 2 breaks, half a minute each on Day 1 but only 1 today . Felt like itz finished in very less time :)

Must admit.. at a moment when I felt so painful.. your pics had come into my eyes and kept me going :) thanks so much :)

This just made my night! Awesome! Xxx
  • eagle_01
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing. I didn't think a 7lb loss could look that dramatic either. Goes to show why using the measuring tape can be a greater incentive than those pesky scales! You look great :)
  • GrammyM
    GrammyM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I did it on average 4-5 times a week. I've had a bit of a break the past couple of weeks as I've been running with the dog in the mornings. I'm going to start level 3 tomorrow for the first time.

Great to hear the 4-5 times a week. Everything I've read on weight training advocates a rest period for rebuilding/healing to maximize results. With that in mind - and your fantastic results - I do hereby commit to an every other day dose of 30DS.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

Sophie983 - twice a day??! Woah no way.

I found it just kick started everything for me. It helped me feel fitter and stronger much quicker and the weight didn't start coming off until I actually UPPED my calories believe it or not. Got some great advice from Helloitsdan on here who shook up my eating and then it started to fall off from 1st Jan really.

I tend to do it at 6am before everyone gets up so it really sets me up for the day. Good luck to everyone doing it, my advice would be to blog your progress. Even if you feel like nobody reads it, it's good to reference back.

Jugsie - Do you know how much you weighed in pounds before and after? I did one day of the 30DS but the jumping jacks and high impact stuff reeked havoc on my foot (recovering from a srained ankle and stress fracture in my heel). I want to start it again and try to substitute some of the cardio parts with continuous punching or something!

I am getting frustrated because I have been going to the gym every single morning at 5am and burning 300-600 calories as well as eating 1200 calories plus exercise calories and I am not seeing any pounds or even ounces dropping off!

Your pictures gave me a little bit of hope that I can do this! Great Job!!
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    look at your trim tummy! hard work does pay off! way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!