My first NSV! Cannot stop smiling

Options
Well, on Saturday I saw my first weight loss in a really really long time. My head has just not been in it, and although I was eating okay-ish I kept having horrid evening and weekend binges. Takeaways, chocolate, cakes and alcohol were regulars.

Anyway, the weight loss isn't really the NSV (obviously, or it wouldn't make ANY sense). Last week, something in my mind just changed. I decided that I was going to be good. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I have now not eaten chocolate, cakes, biscuits or sweets for 11 days, I have only drunk water for the last 10 days and I haven't had a takeaway for 8 days. This is a huge deal for me, and the weirdest thing is that I haven't missed any of them! I even made blueberry muffins and peppermint creams dipped in chocolate over the weekend, and I didn't eat any of them or even lick my fingers.

I feel so much better in myself thanks to the lack of sugar in my diet and the extra water has made my skin look amazing! These changes have really made me want to continue with the way I am eating and never thought I would be so happy cutting my favourite things out of my diet :)

Just felt like sharing it with people who would probably understand. My friends just look at me like I'm mental!

Replies

• beckyobsm
    beckyobsm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I'm doing the same thing and am on Day 8! And I had the same kind of moment.... something in my brain just switched and I finally felt ready.

Congratulations!
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    That's great! Keep it up and you will make great changes in your life :)
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I had my first NSV this morning too! Someone at work asked if I was getting smaller! It took me by complete surprise and I felt so good about myself! However, this weekend was pretty crappy food wise, but I certainly don't binge like I used to. I was (am) really happy!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    :happy: Excellent NSV! These are the type of changes that make your whole body feel better and you should be very proud of yourself!
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Good job. Color me dumb but what does NSV mean?
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory

Thanks! for the answer..I was going nuts trying to figure it out. :laugh:
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Well, on Saturday I saw my first weight loss in a really really long time. My head has just not been in it, and although I was eating okay-ish I kept having horrid evening and weekend binges. Takeaways, chocolate, cakes and alcohol were regulars.

Anyway, the weight loss isn't really the NSV (obviously, or it wouldn't make ANY sense). Last week, something in my mind just changed. I decided that I was going to be good. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I have now not eaten chocolate, cakes, biscuits or sweets for 11 days, I have only drunk water for the last 10 days and I haven't had a takeaway for 8 days. This is a huge deal for me, and the weirdest thing is that I haven't missed any of them! I even made blueberry muffins and peppermint creams dipped in chocolate over the weekend, and I didn't eat any of them or even lick my fingers.

I feel so much better in myself thanks to the lack of sugar in my diet and the extra water has made my skin look amazing! These changes have really made me want to continue with the way I am eating and never thought I would be so happy cutting my favourite things out of my diet :)

Just felt like sharing it with people who would probably understand. My friends just look at me like I'm mental!

This may just get me off my 3mo plateau!
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    awesome NSV

dumb question, but what is a takeaway?
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be VERY proud!
  • nicolawl1990
    nicolawl1990 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well done! I hope this happens to me soon..!
  • ashleighk90
    ashleighk90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Love that moment where everything just makes sense.

Like me, before I started this I hated (repeat HATED) ALL veggies and exercise of the structured sort. (I like going out and being active like hiking, etc but I hated just plodding away at a dvd or a machine.)

Then I told myself I was going to do it.

For lunch today I had a mix potatoes, sweet peas, and red peppers. Tonight I will be at the gym for an hour. Dinner is spinach and artichoke lasagna.

There are still some veggies I hate, but I like quite a few now, and can tolerate more. Going to the gym has become quite enjoyable.

It's funny just how much of this journey is in your head.
  • JenniferInNY
    JenniferInNY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    awesome NSV

Takeaway = "take-out" food -- food you order in a restaurant and bring home to eat.
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    awesome NSV

In the U.S. we call it take out
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I think the greatest benefit to losing weight is the feeling of well being you have!! :)
  • lrobson555
    lrobson555 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am so looking forward to having another good week this week, and cannot wait to get on the scales on Saturday!
  • t2811
    t2811 Posts: 56
    Options
    That is great, well done. I hope I can follow your example. :)
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Aw how great!
  • haj0808
    haj0808 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job..that is great and by the way thanks for explaining the NSV thing..I was on duh..too keep it up girl..choloates hard to let go. Good job!
  • mstcass
    mstcass Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started today. I'm glad to see I'm not the only onewho goes through this. i had lost 18lbs and i gained it back. I'm determined to do better. Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!