how do you beat boredom on training machines?

Options
I'm lucky enough to have my own cross-trainer at home, but it's kept in the spare room, and I get bored after 10 minutes on it....I try and push myself further but I get soooooo bored on it!!! Ideally I want to be doing 30-40 mins a day on it.

How do you guys beat boredom on machines and what do you do to push yourselves to keep going?

Replies

• biscuit71
    biscuit71 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    We have a gym at my work and the ellipticals and treadmills have satellite tvs on them. So, I go at 1 when my favorite soap is on. It really helps me alot. Time seems to go by faster.
  • cptechwork
    Options
    The key is to tie the machine into whatever you would normally do for 40 minutes on the sofa or chair. I got a wireless keyboard/mouse and set up my computer so I could turn my monitor and see it while I exercise. So I can do whatever I feel like: watch a show on Hulu or Netflix, browse, play a game. A normal hour long TV show is about 43 minutes. That's a good exercise length.

I've also done audiobooks. I can't read books while exercising, but some people can.

If I had to just do it with nothing else, I wouldn't do it. But this way it turns into a nice undisturbed segment of time where you can do what you want to do. You can start to look forward to it.