Jamaican Jerk BBQ Chicken

Options
ladylu11
ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
8 Chicken drumsticks skin removed ( I used both drumsticks and boneless breasts) about 2 lbs
2 tsp Caribbean Jerk seasoning
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 Tbsp dark rum
1/4 cup sliced scallions

Rub chicken with seasoning. Place in a 3 1/2 quart crockpot. Pour barbecue sauce and rum over chicken. Turn to coat. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with scallions.

Per Serving:
188 calories
27 g. protein
6 g. carb
1 g fiber
5 g. fat (1 g. saturated fat)
98 mg cholesterol
635 mg sodium

I tried this recipe today and it was so tender and delicious. The chicken fell apart when I picked it up.
I served it with chipotle sweet potato fries and bought a bag of cole slaw that I mixed with a light mayo. It was a good combination and my meal was less than 400 calories.

If you use boneless chicken it would be good shredded to use for a stuffed baked potato.

Replies

• jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    where do you get the seasoning from?
  • Venus2011
    Options
    bump

what is considered a serving size for this receipe?

• Rachratty
    Rachratty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i make one pot roast using jamaican jerk.

basically made in a similar way using 4 legs and 4 thighs of skinless chicken.

you score the chicken and the add 2 large red ontions in large chunks along with a red and orange pepper also in large chunks
    and two courgettes again in large chunks.

Put it all in a bowl with the chicken and add 3 teaspoons of jamaican jerk and toss if together. Then put in a roasting tin and add 190ml of chicken stock and put in oven for an hour at 220c. Beautiful and low fat and so nice. i serve with dry roasted potatoes
    and the whole family love it. just remembered you need to add a whole garlic separated but left in the skin and put around the roasting pan. turn chicken once while cooking.
    it is a slimming world receipe but a very tasty one.
  • Rachratty
    Rachratty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i should say if you live in England you can get jamaican jerk in most supermarkets in the spice section as schwartz make it.
  • ladylu11
    Options
    lin7604:

I found it on the spice aisle at Wal-Mart
  • ladylu11
    Options
    bump

what is considered a serving size for this receipe?

The recipe says 1/2 lb is one serving
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    Thanks - this one is going into the rotation.
  • ciek
    ciek Posts: 1
    Options
    What kind of BBQ sauce did you use? It may make a difference in the calorie count...