Les Mills Pump

Options
I'm on Day 3 with the Les Mills Pump DVD's and wanted to find out if anyone had tried these DVD's before. Also, how many calories do I burn for each of the workouts. I couldn't find this info anywhere.

Thanks!

Replies

• sandybeachez
    sandybeachez Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I take body pump at the gym and noticed that my fitness pal has no record of calories and such there is a website that list general info. http://www.lesmills.com/global/bodypump/about-bodypump.aspx?gclid=CNqR15a2-K0CFQQBQAoduW9Urw

Hope this helps. I love body pump, I am addictated.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Thanks!
  • paulagabay
    Options
    I recorded my calories in myfitnesspal.com when I used to take Body Pump at the gym. It was usually ranging between 150-300 calories depending on the time and the instructor. They say you can burn 600 an hour but I think my metabolism is sluggish especially when doing an AM class. Hope this helps.
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just got my Les Mills PUMP in the mail. I start today. Can't wait!! I have done body pump in the past. I have no idea how many calories are burned. They say you can burn up to 700 or even 1000 but I never count that many. I have thought about getting a HRM to try to calculate.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I do body pump at gym. According to my HRM, I burn an average of 500 cals per class - sometimes more, sometimes less
  • angelapolite
    Options
    I just got my Les Mills PUMP in the mail. I start today. Can't wait!! I have done body pump in the past. I have no idea how many calories are burned. They say you can burn up to 700 or even 1000 but I never count that many. I have thought about getting a HRM to try to calculate.

Yes, I couldn't wait to start either! It's really fun! I went all out and bought the step and extra DVD's. Tonight I'm gonna do Flow and Step (instead of the 45 minutes of walking)...
  • lk27
    Options

Yes, I couldn't wait to start either! It's really fun! I went all out and bought the step and extra DVD's. Tonight I'm gonna do Flow and Step (instead of the 45 minutes of walking)...

I have the step too! Love it. Tonight is 20 min abs I think and 45 min walk, but I think I'll switch the walk for 45 min of Turbo Jam... also really fun!
  • CoachDMarz
    Options
    I'm actually a body pump instructor at my job and on the releases it ususally gives a calorie count of 550-650 calories burned each class, but that doesn't give a weight or anything like that just kind of lets you know which releases have more cardio aspects to them. But are you doing the at home tapes? I heard they just came out, but if they're anything like other Les Mills classes you'll get your workout in.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    I'm actually a body pump instructor at my job and on the releases it ususally gives a calorie count of 550-650 calories burned each class, but that doesn't give a weight or anything like that just kind of lets you know which releases have more cardio aspects to them. But are you doing the at home tapes? I heard they just came out, but if they're anything like other Les Mills classes you'll get your workout in.

Yes, I am doing the DVDs at home. Just the Body Challenge is a workout, it's only about 25 minutes. I'm usually sweating afterwards. It seems very to be a very efficient workout for the short time.
  • lk27
    Options
    The first video I tried was the 45 min. Pump & Shread. Great workout. Very much like the original Body Pump. One thing I noticed though, was that in that video they left out biceps and triceps. I'm just going to follow the schedule they include in the package. Maybe that video was more for legs and abs and the next one will be more for arms/ upper body. I started at stage 2 (6 weeks) because I have been doing Body Pump for a while and the 20-30 min. videos don't seem like enough. I think I'll save those for the "walk" or "rest" days when I need a little more.

I also really like the eating guide that comes with the set. Lots of really easy, yummy recipes to stay at about 1300 calories per day.

I think this was a great purchase!!!! I'm in love!
  • angelapolite
    Options

I have the step too! Love it. Tonight is 20 min abs I think and 45 min walk, but I think I'll switch the walk for 45 min of Turbo Jam... also really fun!

I did my workout last night, Step instead of the 45 minute walk and the I did Flow. I am sooo sore, but feel great.

It's official...I'm addicited!
  • angelapolite
    Options
    The first video I tried was the 45 min. Pump & Shread. Great workout. Very much like the original Body Pump. One thing I noticed though, was that in that video they left out biceps and triceps. I'm just going to follow the schedule they include in the package. Maybe that video was more for legs and abs and the next one will be more for arms/ upper body. I started at stage 2 (6 weeks) because I have been doing Body Pump for a while and the 20-30 min. videos don't seem like enough. I think I'll save those for the "walk" or "rest" days when I need a little more.

I also really like the eating guide that comes with the set. Lots of really easy, yummy recipes to stay at about 1300 calories per day.

I think this was a great purchase!!!! I'm in love!

I checked out the eating guide too, but I'm think I'm still going to continue logging in how I eat now, which is about 1380 calories a day. But I'll probably customize MFP to the amount of nutrients according to the eating guide. I didn't care for some of the receipes...
  • Connie112
    Options
    Me too! I love this workout. First one I have actually looked forward to doing!
  • Connie112
    Options
    Wish I knew how to log it?
  • Mnogedu
    Mnogedu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just did my first day of Les Mills Pump and burned 72 calories. I am trying to figure out what to log for sets etc. any thoughts?
  • Shelley292
    Shelley292 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm on day 7 on Pump! I recommend getting a heart rate monitor that logs your actual caloric burn! Amazon has a great Sportline watch HRM for $40 with free shipping you have Prime. Please add me if you are doing Les Mills Pump and want a buddy!
    Shelley
  • blancanyc69
    blancanyc69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Les Mills Pump and i'm excited to try it out. I"m going to have my husband take before pictures and after pictures when I'm done. Maybe we can make a forum/group for the Les Mills Pump people.
  • nikki722
    nikki722 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i'm on week 3 of les mills pump and i really am enjoying it! my hrm battery died and i haven't replaced it yet, so i'm not sure of the calorie burn.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I did this last year and fell in love. My wife is doing Combat right now.

No idea on the cals. Sorry. I just log it as a vigorous weight routine and figure I burn anywhere from 300-600 depending on the workout.
  • laurie41565
    laurie41565 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Les Mills Pump and Combat too. Love them!! I'm starting week 5 on Combat. I only do the Shred one for Les Mills Pump. Like that one the best and I can fit 45 minutes in before work 3x week. My watch tells me I'm burning around 650 cals on the Pump n Shred dvd and approximately 135 on the Hard Core Abs dvd. I do that one when I do Shred too. Love Les Mills programs. I can already see and feel a difference in strength. I am lifting between 25 and 40 lbs depending on the exercise. You will love it!! Good Luck to you! :smile: