carbs and protein

Options
I need to reduce my carbs and increase my protein. Any ideas?

Replies

• AshleyNicoleRoutson
    Options
    I need to reduce my carbs and increase my protein. Any ideas?

Eat lots of veggies and lean meats like chicken, fish, and turkey. Add in a whey protein powder & eat lots of egg whites . Im on my 3rd time carb cycling and its difficult to lower carbs and increase protein but you just have to watch the labels because almost everything has carbs in it!
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Marksdailyapple.com
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    99% fat free turkey, great in chili and tacos, tuna, grilled chicken, fish
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Increasing your protein your carbs will lowering by default (holding fat intake constant).
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Simplest thing is just to remove the following from your diet: grains, rice, pasta, and potatoes. You should only eat protien, veggies and fruit.

This is a good low-carb approach. Note its not NO-Carbs....you eat carbs in the veggies and fruit...they are just healthy, unprocessed carbs. Processed carbs like bread, pasta are not very good for weight loss for a variety of reasons.

If you are very interested in this topic I'd suggest reading a book...The Carbohydrate Addict and "The New Low Carb Way of Life". I am sure you can find both at your local library.

I also found looking at the glycemic index interesting...a bit more complex, but still interesting.

Low carbing takes a while to get into...but do give it an honest try. You will be gald you did!