HELP! gaining with 3o day shred (jillian michaels)

Options
I have been doing the 30 day shred with Jillian michaels for 21 consecutive days. the first 10 days i lost 1.4 lbs and 1 inch off my natural waist and gained half an inch in my thighs from muscle, and a fourth an inch in my arms from muscle gain. The past 10 days I have gained 2.6 pounds (up higher than when i started) and have not lost a single inch of fat or gained any inches from muscle. my measurements are the same over the past 10 days, but im gaining! i feel like its all for nothing... i eat healthy 95% of the time!!! I am always under my calorie goal. I only have 10 days (counting today) left of the 30 day shred, WHEN am i going to see some effing results! im really getting pissed about it and feel like giving up.. at least before i started 30ds i wasnt gaining, i ate cheesecake when i pleased and never exervised and never gained! this all seems like BULL to me! grr what is going on!! any help and info would be appreciated, thanks for your time!

Replies

• mysweetFiona
    Options
    bump
  • mysweetFiona
    Options
    wow yall really suck at replying to this kinda stuff. BUMP.
  • arleneg65
    Options
    I know how disappointing it is to not see results after working so hard. I say, you have stuck with it for 21 days, finish the 30 days. I know when I was doing another program, counting points, for 2 weeks I lost NOTHING! I was so disapointed. I think my problem was that I was to far below the amount of points that I was allowed on my food. Even though I was eating alot, salads, etc, which were -0- points. So maybe for the next 9 days, try to make sure you eat the amount of calories, 1200, or however many you are supposed to have. Also, change up your eating habits. Eat what you eat for dinner for breakfast, and breakfast for dinner. I tried that before and that did jump start my weight loss again. Most times, I can loose the weight. My problem is keeping it off. Good luck to you :smile:
  • mysweetFiona
    Options
    thanks for responding! The backwards diet sounds interesting i will give it a try! I do eat all my calories i eat between 1300-1700 (my goal is 1610) so i only go over towards 1700 when i did a good amount of exercise. eating is definitely not an issue for me.

A friend suggested for me to take a day off 30ds and my weight will maybe fall off, is this true/possible/a good idea, or should i continue these next 10 days until im finished?
  • electrokate
    Options
    Have you measured yourself? You might have lost more inches than pounds.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Try spiking your calories. When I get in a slump, that helps me. Also, try to make sure you are netting 1200. If you are shredding...maybe a burn of 600+....make sure you eat to get your net to 1200. You could be putting yourself in starvation mode, which will make your body behave like that. Best wishes!
  • mysweetFiona
    Options
    yes i measure. no changes what so ever the past 10 days. like i said in the top post.

and my calorie goal is 1610 and i usually eat between 1300 and 1700 depending on how hungry i am and how much exercise ive done that day
  • ekdennis
    Options
    yes i measure. no changes what so ever the past 10 days. like i said in the top post.

and my calorie goal is 1610 and i usually eat between 1300 and 1700 depending on how hungry i am and how much exercise ive done that day

Are you drinking enough water? I read somewhere that our bodies, meaning muscles, (I'm shredding too) are retaining a lot of water right now, so we need to drink more water to help flush our system. I have been drinking tons of water, and I am finally seeing the scale move down again. I just finished day 23.
  • Coleyrole
    Options
    check your water intake, maybe you're retaining. just keep it up. it took me 70 days to lose 3 pounds cuz I wasn't eating eough net calories :( I'm still trying tho! keep it up girl!!!
  • mysweetFiona
    Options
    i usually get about 40 fl oz a day which is not enough ive heard! so i need to try harder to drink more water.

ive also thought about sodium but am not sure how to lower it as fish and cheese and healthy things like that all has it naturally in it... im going to stop shaking the salt shaker as much! is salt-substitute good for you?? or is it bad like sugar-substitute?
  • arleneg65
    Options
    when I was doing the LA weight loss diet, I was advised to use the salt subsitute because it has potassium in it, and on that diet I couldnt have bananas. As a matter of fact, I still use the salt subsitute in my daily use. Also they have other seasonings that are salt free, and it helps to give the food flavor. I try to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. Hope your day is going well :wink:
  • mysweetFiona
    Options
    thanks everyone! a friend told me to take a couple days off 30ds so i took 2 days off and today am back on 30ds doing day 23, on the level 3, and because i took that rest, i lost 2.2 lbs! yay! soooo i suggest if you have went straight through 30ds and into level 3 and you have been stalled for weeks, take a day or two off! it works!!!!!