Options
    i've been putting a little peanut butter on a chocolate rice cake
  • Mrsairforce
    Options
    Arctic Zero!
  • tannjam
    tannjam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I drink EAS Myoplex Lite Chocolate Fudge protein shakes. Yummy they also come in Strawberry and Vanilla. ALso have a really good choc and peanut butter protein bar. Yummy
  • kaybo89
    Options
    I also really enjoy Emerald's Cocoa Roasted Almonds & their Cinnamon Roasted Almonds...They've got them in a 7 pack box and they're 100 calories per packet. They're really good!
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have anything, I just eat significantly less. For example, after lunch today I craved something sweet. So I had 2 sweettarts. Completely satisfied the craving and I think was something like 14 calories. I guess it just depends how much sweet your body is craving.
  • AshleyNicoleRoutson
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth as well, I usually crave something on the weekends so I bake something healthy for my boyfriend and I. My favorites are almond butter chocolate chip cookies, strawberry cheesecake, and chocolate dipped peanut butter bananas and frozen peanut butter cups. I posted all the recipes on my facebook page ( Onelifeonebody) if you want to take a look and make some! They are so cheap, easy to make, great for you and DELICIOUS! My boyfriend even likes them ;) And during the week I just chew extra dessert delights mint chocolate chip gum (sugar free) if it gets REALLY bad.
    Another trick ive learned is to time out my sweet tooth. For example I crave something sweet in the mid morning, mid afternoon and before bed. So I always eat my favorite stuff then (banana with peanut buter, yogurt with strawberries, and frozen peanut butter cups)
    By timing it out you fix those cravings with your already planned meals for the day!
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Gum. I get killer sweet-tooth cravings between 2 and 3pm for some reason, and a stick of gum seems to do the trick :) I really like the Apple Pie Desserts gum.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free/fat free Von's (Safeway) hot cocoa mix with 3 TBSP Lucerne Peppermint Whipped Topping! Yum!
  • amerrygirl
    Options
    Trader Joes has a 100 calorie milk chocolate bar for when you really really really need chocolate. Skinny Cow just introduced some candy bars that are between 80-120 calories. I always make sure I have room in my daily calories for something sweet :-)
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Gotta try the 3-2-1 cake-
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    There are a few things that I have in case I get a craving for something sweet or chocolatey (usually both for me).

Mayfield actually has ice cream bars that are only 100 calories (Brown Cow Juniors). They are really good.

Skinny Cow also has a some really yummy low calorie snacks that help me get my chocolate fix. They're the heavenly crisps (110 calories) and the dreamy clusters (120 calories) and both are amazingly good! Though, I personally like the crisps better, but that's just me.
  • piestrupj
    piestrupj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One square of Dove Dark Chocolate is about 40 calories. At the end of the day I treat myself to TWO! I eat them very, very slowly, and allow each bite to melt completely in my mouth. Ridiculously satisfying and only 80 calories for real chocolate. I buy them in bags when on sale.

I like to put these in the freezer so they take longer to eat, usually nibbling on one at night will totally curb my sweet tooth.
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello sweet-tooth MFPers...

Any tips or tricks for reducing actual sugar intake across all meals without having a 'sugar replacement' in the meal? Many of the above tips seem to take refined sugar out of the eating plan and replace it with fructose (ie raisins / prunes / grapes / fruit etc). Peanut butter is also surprisingly high in sugar...

I consume probably 350-400ml of light milk a day (breakfast cereal + coffee) - is there a lower-sugar replacement that can be used to counteract this?
  • roberttajoann
    Options
    i love the 3-2-1- idea that has to be good thanks
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So have to try this! Hope its as great as it sounds:0) Chocolate cake chocolate cake chocolate cake!!!! I have been buying these small cake mixes/cookies/brownies that make like 12 instead of 24 but even at that, if my kids dont eat it right away i will. Im a eat it untill its gone type of gal. Im afraid i have been pushing food on my kids so to save myself from it not a good plan:0(
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I either eat fruit or grab an Atkins bar...low calories...low carb....and its chocolate ! Love it.
  • opaquewhite
    opaquewhite Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Modified South Beach Ricotta Creme
    - Mix about ½ cup light ricotta cheese, Splenda packet, a bit of vanilla extract, and some semi-sweet chocolate chips. Sometimes I’ll add some sliced strawberries too, or sliced almonds. There are many modifications on this, I like to experiment :-)

Vitabrownie Sundae
    - Warmed Vitabrownie (I like the kind with chopped nuts on top), a small scoop of LF vanilla frozen yogurt, and some sugar free chocolate syrup (I like to warm this up a bit first too!)

Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches

DIY FroYo - Just buy your favorite yogurt cups and stick it in the freezer for a bit! This also works well with pudding cups, especially Jell-O Dulce de Leche! YUM.

Semi-sweet chocolate chips - I measure a serving size and stick it in a baggie, then take it with me for whenever I need chocolate! I like this because I can pick at them, rather than eating a chocolate bar in 5 seconds.

Klondike Bars - No Sugar Added Krunch
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Cocoa - roasted almonds. Nutella on my morning toast or English Muffin. (Makes it taste just like a donut!)

^5 Yes this will work. Also Fiber One 90 Calorie brownies, warmed up with a schoop of low vanilla ice cream..less than 150 calories and delicious!!!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Funny you posted this: i was eating a Clementine last night thinking to myself that it was so sweet, who needs candy! :-) So try those! :)