reaching that daily calorie count

Options
So, this may seem like a silly thought but...
You'll notice from my diary (that I've just made public) that I usually have no problem getting my requisite number of calories in a day. But I've been consciously trying to eat healthier, of course, and these healthier options are usually lower in calories than the fatty, processed things. Therefore, to reach my calorie goal for the day, I feel like I have to be snacking constantly, lots of little calorie additions to my diary, to reach that daily 1400. Should I be making my meals bigger? I'm not quite sure exactly what my question is, or what I'm hoping to hear, I just wondered if anyone else out there is feeling the same weird tug-of-war?

I've basically logged everything for today, including my dinner for tonight, and still have 600 calories to go. Maybe a good night to hit up the bars, eh??

Replies

• celerieaz
    celerieaz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    More snacks! I looked at your diary and noted that you only had some string cheese and some popcorn today. Snacks will be an easy way to up your intake.

You could also try and consume higher calorie foods; such as, nut butters, avocados, sweet potatoes, some fruits (like bananas and mangos), greek yogurt, homemade granola, oatmeal, etc.

Good luck! :)
  • SuzieZimm
    SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    awesome! I suppose it just seemed that generally healthier stuff was more filling on fewere calories. Didn't consider those items you mentioned. Thank goodness cause I've been craving an apple & peanut butter!!
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of calories in beans! And they are really good for you. Also I am constantly snacking on my own mixes like dried apples (I do them myself) and nuts. I carry a container with me everywhere I go.
  • celerieaz
    celerieaz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ah, an apple with peanut butter is one of my favorite desserts! I eat Better'n Peanut Butter, but I'm thinking of switching over to PB2. They have dark chocolate peanut butter :D
  • SuzieZimm
    SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i tend to have...issues with peanut butter tho. Can't stop eating it by itself once the apple is gone!
  • cswalczakny
    cswalczakny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    don't eat ANY big meals except for breakfast. The more frequently you can eat, the better off you'll be as it will keep your glucose levels stable making your metabolism higher and keep protein streaming to your muscles all day to repair them from your workouts. I probably eat 8-10 times a day about 1 hour+ apart.