Ready to Cry!

Options
Carrot1971
Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
Sorry for being so negative but I'm about at my frustration limit and need to get it out of my system! It started last night when my 15 year old started to pick a fight with me for something stupid. I know she's a hormonal teenage girl but some days she's more difficult than others. Then my 14 year old tells me that her retainer has been bothering her while she was over her dads and he said he was going to make an appointment with the orthodontist to have it looked at. Ok...fine. Today I get an email from him TELLING me to make an appointment to have it looked at. Let me go over my weekly schedule with you all: Monday through Friday my daugher has basketball practice from 4:30 to 6:30. I get off work at 4:00 and rush home to get her and take her to practice on time....every single day. My ex picks her up from practice 2 days a week. I also have to take my son and daughter to all of their basketball games. Tonight my son plays in Hubbard (25 minute drive) at 7:30. He has to be there by 7:00. My daughters practice ends at 6:30. It NEVER ends on time. I tell her I will need to get her 5 minutes early. She about has a heart attack. I also text my oldest to ask her to be home by 6 so she can come to the game with us (she has come to a total of 3 games all season). I get attitude telling me I ask too much from her. Meanwhile I make an appointment for my daughter to see the orthodontist and amazingly my ex cannot take her. So now I'm the one who has to miss work as usual. My husband has Bible Study tonight so I have to take my 5 year old to the game which means she won't get to bed until 9pm. Much too late for her. I know this is all part of being a mom and most days I can handle it...today isn't one of those days. Is it too much to ask for a little HELP?

Replies

• schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    sending you positive vibes and lots of love... hang in there hun
    you have every right to be frustrated!
    xoxo
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. As a mother, I feel your pain. As an ex-wife with a worthless ex-husband, I also know how that goes. Things will get better. Try to keep your sense of humor, that usually is how I get through things.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Then my 14 year old tells me that her retainer has been bothering her while she was over her dads and he said he was going to make an appointment with the orthodontist to have it looked at. Ok...fine. Today I get an email from him TELLING me to make an appointment to have it looked at.
    He'd have got one right back asking why he hadn't sorted it out while she was in his care! *HUGS*
  • PinkGoth
    PinkGoth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are having a bad time at the moment, i have a 13 year old and her hormones drive me mental sometimes, i can't imagine what it is like to have more than one child but i know one is a handful at times.

And as for ex's :mad: .. You are not alone in that department!

Hope things get better for you, being a mum is the hardest job in the world but the good times make it worth it in the end x
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My ex has just decided to come back into their lives after about 10 years of doing it on my own. Even now there is no way I can even get him to GO to any of their functions let alone share the responsibility of dropping them off and picking them up. Some people are just very self centered and have never really figured out what exactly it means to have your children as your top priority. I'm sure if you ask my ex or your ex they would SAY their kids are number one when all of their actions say otherwise. I'm sorry. If you lived closer I'd get you that drink. :drinker:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    SENDING SMILES!! :) Love ya!!
  • happylittleclam
    Options
    *hug*

Children are really bossy these days.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have an ex in the picture, but my fifteen year old gave me some flack this morning because his life isn't perfect, and I told him he might want to give his basketball coach a heads up that if he mouths off to me like that again, he will be off the team for the rest of the season. I have enough going on without his attitude.
  • nancy5012
    Options
    Sounds like your ex needs to pick up the pace a bit - like picking up the kid more than 2 nights a week.

Sorry you are going thru this!!!!!!
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry on behalf of your teen girls lol That's an awful age for us girls. We mouth off almost uncontrollably. I was awful too until I turned 18. Don't worry too much though. It's just a bad day. You''ll get through it :) Remember, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel!!
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I had a single mum as a parent as long as i can remember. my dad was on the scene but a was waste of space just so you know i had attitude&my brother did life just wasn't fair and why couldn't mum fix and do everything now i've grown up& my mum is my world i love her so much. Look forward to the time when they relies&thank you for being the best mum in the world. Not because they want something but because they mean it.
  • Admired
    Admired Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One thing that I’ve learned through my own sufferings is that, my job is not to straighten people out….my job is to stay in peace. God fights our battles when at rest in Him. He knows how to apply pressure as to make our enemies uncomfortable. The problems may form but the problem will not prosper because we are children of God and live in peace through Christ Jesus.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    as a teenager i was extremely hard to deal i got so bad my mom sent me to massachussettes (sp) to live with my grandfather who use to be in the military and he homeschooled me and the chores were ridiculous!!! but ever since i turned 20 (im 22 now) my mom n i are very close...there are so many times i wish i would have just given my mom a break! it does get better just takes so growing up to do!