weighing monthly??

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
okay so i am thinking of just focusing on clean eating and exercise and weighing myself once per month.

has anyone done this? how did you go? what do you all think? (:

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself since October. I know i'm losing because my clothes are looser and I have more definition. The scale is probably at the bottom as an indicator of changing body composition.
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    okay so i am thinking of just focusing on clean eating and exercise and weighing myself once per month.

has anyone done this? how did you go? what do you all think? (:

At Curves, they do the weigh and measure once a month.

I personally am not motivated by that - I weigh once a week. I am highly competitive, and having numbers helps to keep me going. Weighing once a month for me, leaves the progress too nebulous, and I end up not caring as much.

But that's just me.
  • getfitjourney
    getfitjourney Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing once a week, but have decided to take the once a month route. I have noticed that my exercising is building muscles (which will weigh more) and my body composition is changing. So, I feel a desire to pay a little more attention to the fact that my clothing is getting looser opposed to what the scale states.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Worked for me while losing. OFFICIAL weight once per month and was only concerned with the trend, not the number until the goal was close.

At maintenance I started often but then saw I could maintain and have been since Nov last year (despite good / bad days, weeks, festivities, etc. lol)
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    It would drive me crazy waiting a month between weigh ins. I have to limit myself to once a week though or I spend a ton of time yelling and screaming at the scale as if the poor thing has any control over whether or not I'm losing or gaining.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    How often you weigh is up to you. I've never understood the monthly weigh-in's only because I can't understand why doing it more frequently than that is harmful or a hassle. If you're disappointed in weekly weigh-ins, im not sure putting your head in the sand about it makes things any better.

That's just me though. I prefer to have real-time awareness with the udnerstanding that there are natural fluctuations. Track the trend, not the weekly weigh in.

I'm more doing it because I wanna change my lifestyle and feel like sometimes the scale gets in the way, focusing more on healthy eating. It's only a number.
    And cos I'm a chick I gain 2 out of 4 weeks anyway
  • sashalarue
    sashalarue Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Weighing monthly is what i've been doing, i can't go crazy with that damn scale. Women's wgt goes up and down so much i can't even deal with that stress. I workout with weights and muscle is building and i know it weighs more but just takes up less space. So the scale is the last thing i go by, i go by the way my clothes fit.

A little food for thought...if you want to look good in your clothes do cardio if you want to look good nude...workout with weights!
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Weighing monthly is what i've been doing, i can't go crazy with that damn scale. Women's wgt goes up and down so much i can't even deal with that stress. I workout with weights and muscle is building and i know it weighs more but just takes up less space. So the scale is the last thing i go by, i go by the way my clothes fit.

A little food for thought...if you want to look good in your clothes do cardio if you want to look good nude...workout with weights!

*weighs the same. One pound is one pound.
    lol yea i do both! i love exercise (:
  • asmithson19
    Options
    It would drive me crazy waiting a month between weigh ins. I have to limit myself to once a week though or I spend a ton of time yelling and screaming at the scale as if the poor thing has any control over whether or not I'm losing or gaining.

LOL!! - I do the same thing!!
    I would love to be able to weigh monthly, but I don't know if I could - Keep as posted on how you go!
    x