Ideas for a sweet tooth?

Options

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Here's my list..

If I want this... I eat this instead...
    1. Apple Pie - Peel and core an apple, sautee in a bit of brown sugar (1 tsp or less, 15 cals) and a dash cinnamon.
    2. Chocolate cake - Low cal chocolate puddings, a low fat brownie (like No Pudge Fudge brownie mix)
    3. Cheesecake - Frozen vanilla yogurt with graham cracker dust with fruit of my choosing

#1 on the first list sounds good and easy to make. I just might make that tonight.

It's SUPER easy. I never feel guilty because it's still fruit and it literally tastes like apple pie without the crust. I guess you could crumble a graham cracker over it if you were inclined, but it's good enough on it's own for me.
  • 1chunckymonkey
    Options
    (No sugar!) Cookie Dough Dip
    It’s gluten-free, too.

■1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
    ■heaping 1/8 tsp salt
    ■tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
    ■1 T plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    ■1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T. If you use peanut butter, some people say it has a slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so you can sub oil if you don’t want that.)
    ■1 and 1/4 cup pitted dates (I used SunMaid, from a regular grocery store)
    ■1/3 cup chocolate chips (see link below, for sugar-free option)
    ■2 T oats (You can omit)
    ■nondairy milk as needed (depending on the consistency you want. I used a few T.)
    In a bowl, cover the dates with 1/2 cup water. Let this sit for at least 8 hours. Then add all ingredients (including the dates’ soaking liquid), except chocolate chips, to a food processor and blend until very smooth.

If you wish, you can use: Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips.

This can be served as a dessert dip, as a spread (maybe in between apple slices or crackers?), eaten with a spoon, mixed into oatmeal, stuffed into cupcakes, or even used to top pancakes!
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If I really want ice cream I eat skinny cow ice-cream or some low fat ice-cream.Also I have become addicted to Kashi TLC dark chocolate cookies. They are pretty big and have decent amount of fiber. Or I LOVE Fage no fat greek yogurt with honey!
  • harrietk94
    harrietk94 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try this Sugar, Flour and Butter Free recipe!

Rolled Oats - 2 Cups
    Banana's - 3
    Raisins/Sultana's or mixed nuts - 1 Cup
    Cinnamon - Half a Teaspoon
    Vanilla (Optional) 1 Teaspoon
    Oil - 1/3 Cups

Preheat the oven to about 350F/180C for 20/25 mins (I prefer mine slightly crispier so i recommend leaving then in slightly longer and just keep on checking on them!)

Makes 20 cookies approx 79 cals each!

Me and my mum love these making some more tomorrow!
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sugar free pudding or Popsicle or Fiber one bars Chocolate and Oats ,Fiber one 90 cal browine...but if your watching your sugar also I would go with the pudding or Popsicle...
  • xanthochroid
    Options
    bump for later
  • dwurth2
    dwurth2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the posts, so if someone else already mentioned this, sorry for the repeat. Every now and then I will make a 3-2-1 cake. One serving is only 42 calories, and it usually hits the spot for me. You take a box of angel food cake mix and then a box of any other you like and mix those together. Then in a small pryex type dish, you put in 3 tbsp of the cake mix, 2 tbsp of water, stir it up and microwave it for 1 minute. Very quick, very easy, and good!!

You can use any flavor cake mix you like, but one of the mixes HAS to be the angel food cake mix.
  • katswearingen
    Options
    I have the same problem and I started making myself have two servings of fruit per day. Now whenever I get that sweet craving I head straight for some berries. <3 Hope that helps!
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Cho Pudding cup 100 calories 28 M&M's 100 calories.. Enjoy
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone said anything but the Skinny Cow brand has some good stuff low in calorie. It's part of the Weight Watchers system for those into that.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    3-2-1 cake. Take the dry ingredients from a box of angel food cake. Take the dry ingredients from any other cake mix you like. Mix them together and store in a ziploc-type bag. When ready for a "piece" of cake, here comes the 3-2-1 part:

Take 3 TBSP of cake mix
    Take 2 TBSP of water
    Mix them in a coffee cup
    Put them in the microwave for 1 minute

You have a delicious piece of cake, very satisfying for my sweet tooth, and no leftover cake. You can also top as "needed."

42 calories.

Enjoy.

I think I'm in love with this woman! Whew, that sounds SOO good!

I've found that if I'm getting enough PROTEIN I don't crave the sugar nearly as much. I have to be careful about your sweet tooth: once I start, I cannot stop. I LOVE the Zone Perfect bars (Chocolate mint and Choc. caramel cluster) and i have one every day, but at least it's not a candy bar and it doesn't leave me feeling ravenous an hour later.
  • surprisewind
    Options
    The desert we had last night blew my mind. It was so good the leftovers had to go in the trash so we'd STOP. It makes 4 servings at 125cal/ea and actually satisfied my sweet tooth. You might be able to cut corners a little more by using brown sugar splenda? Don't know how that would turn out...

INGREDIENTS

2 large bananas, cut in half
    4 teaspoons brown sugar
    2 teaspoons walnuts finely ground
    8 ounces nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt

DIRECTIONS

Halve bananas lengthwise and place in a microwave-safe baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar, and walnuts. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on MEDIUM until sugar melts and bananas are hot, 1 to 3 minutes. Top with yogurt and serve immediately.
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • SerenaNatasha
    Options
    I have a hard time with sweets too. After seeing a bunch of suggestions about this, I ended up getting some Weight Watchers Chocolate Raspberry ice cream bars. They're soooo good and only 80 calories each. They usually help with my chocolate cravings. There are tons of other flavors in that brand and also Skinny Cow and they aren't so bad calorie-wise. Good luck!

^^these are ah-mazing!
  • estjames
    Options
    1 cup half thawed honeydew melon, I cut or ball the melon then freeze on a baking sheet so the pieces are frozen individually. I then put the melon into 1 cup containers and have them daily as a snack. 64 calories, and in a regular sized melon you get about 8 cups.
  • artlovr
    Options
    Try 1 Tablespoon of Honey on sliced strawberries that have been salted.....Delicious
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the posts, so if someone else already mentioned this, sorry for the repeat. Every now and then I will make a 3-2-1 cake. One serving is only 42 calories, and it usually hits the spot for me. You take a box of angel food cake mix and then a box of any other you like and mix those together. Then in a small pryex type dish, you put in 3 tbsp of the cake mix, 2 tbsp of water, stir it up and microwave it for 1 minute. Very quick, very easy, and good!!

You can use any flavor cake mix you like, but one of the mixes HAS to be the angel food cake mix.

So Sorry ... this is NOT 42 calories. The person who started the thread calculated incorrectly. 110 calories is what many more people came up with.
  • Twinsmomma27
    Options
    I love skinny cow ice cream treats.
    some are only 100 calories!!

Make me feel like I am having a sinful treat!
  • code156
    code156 Posts: 31
    Options
    Today I had fresh strawberries and light whip cream, so good!