Will be quitting work tomorrow

Options
Hi guys

I thought i'd put this on. I will be handing my notice in tomorrow and it's a two month notice period.

I have saved up enough money to not worry for atleast 2 years, but intend to find a part time/temporary or a good full time role..

Has anyone else quit their job? and how do they feel about their decision to do so?

Replies

• carrotstick2012
    Options
    I've effectively quit work by not renewing my contract (I had the option). I feel good about the decision to do so. It will be good for me and the family and I can get my exercise back to where it was before I starting working the amount I was.

I think it is relevant to mention I am not the main income earner.
  • Fred77
    Fred77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    quitting jobs is great. if you have the money to tie you over,even better. a few years ago i quit workng for Citi Bank, they put me out on garden leave for 3 months. it was the summer and the Olympics and Euros were on. Best summer ever.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    I am the only earner but i do have a tenant who pays me monthly too which covers the bills.

I am thinking of upping my exercise while I am off work... what is your current routine?
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Not yet, but will be shortly..
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    My current routine is working too much. The routine I am getting back into is a mixture of treadmill, swimming and a daily walk. Treadmill or swimming 5-6 days a week. Financially things will be tight but it's worth it for the other benefits.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    quitting jobs is great. if you have the money to tie you over,even better. a few years ago i quit workng for Citi Bank, they put me out on garden leave for 3 months. it was the summer and the Olympics and Euros were on. Best summer ever.

lol i hate you.

Oh mate, that sounds like the impossible dream :-P
  • ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options
    I quit my first "real" job, and it was the best decision I ever made! Needless to say, the people I worked for were impossible to deal with, and the stress level literally made me unhealthy. Do what is right for you, everything happens for a reason my friend!
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have never quit a job without another lined up- I don't tend to do well without something to fill my days.

However, I was laid off a year and a half ago, and ended up being unemployed for 3 months... which I have to say was the best thing for me. My migraines were going nuts, and I was in a medication transition, which was BAD. Oh it was awful. I couldn't have worked during that transition... so I was grateful to be let go.

Now I have a job I LOVE!
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    @working onit

yes you are losing out in one, but gaining things that are more valuable...

hopefully i will get some part time job somewhere
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    Filling the days is pretty easy for me as i just want to do so many things.... keeping fit takes a lot out of a person so you need to rest :-P
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    I quit my first "real" job, and it was the best decision I ever made! Needless to say, the people I worked for were impossible to deal with, and the stress level literally made me unhealthy. Do what is right for you, everything happens for a reason my friend!

I will do.... when you are struggling to get to work on a daily basis... its time to quit.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have been running a dayhome since my son was 1 month old and he'll be 15 this summer. I haven't told all of the kid's parents yet but I am closing on the 15th of June and moving out of the territory! This is HUGE for me because I have lived here my whole life (I'll be 40 in September!) I am taking some time off and then going back to school. I am so excited because my life is about to change so drastically but I am ready! Good luck and I'm sure it'll all work out great for all of us :0)
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    i hope so too.

Opportunities to quit a job you don't like and with the means to do so do not come around often... got to do this while the opportunity is there
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    It isn't often that people have the guts to quit a job without having another one lined up. I have done that once (every other time I resigned it was because I'd found a better job). I just didn't trust the management to do the right thing by me, so I resigned. After my one month notice period was over, I took a vacation to Grand Cayman and by the time I got back home, I have another job offer.

Enjoy!
  • shefury
    shefury Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I "quit" back in June and finished up July 1st. It actually was a choice to not renew my contract. The job was very very stressful, and I actually was not the only one to quit the department I was in for many of the same reasons. I am not enjoying the lack of money, but I am being choosy when it comes to picking what jobs to apply to...I don't want to get myself into a predicament again.

I also SAID I was going to get back on track weight loss/exercise-wise, but I haven't "felt" it until recently. (It has nothing to do with the New Year though).

I am working my way back into being in shape like I once was. Back then I did either Tae Bo, running or weight training daily. Now I'm just loving Kinect Dance Central 2 and am going to get back to being a fitness freak once again.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That's right! You go for it!
  • shefury
    shefury Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a "Thank you" button on MFP...so I don't have to make a whole new reply just to say Thank you. NOT that the whole new reply thing isn't deserved. LOL. It's like a "thanks for the encouragement" button or something....kwim? LOL