the wave

Options
so i asked my trainer at the gym to "up" my workout a bit.. he put me on the "wave" does anyone know what i mean by the wave? you stand on it and your feet sort of skate...

after 10 minutes, i couldnt go on!!!!! what a workout!

i have set a goal to get 20 min by the end of june

my question is this.. is there another name for this machine so i can put it in the exercise log????

Replies

• rachel512
    rachel512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love this machine! Great abductor/adductor workout! Plus I dont know about you but those thighs never seem to slim down for me! This machine has helped and its pretty tough. The technical name is the "Technogym Cardio Wave" Hope this helps!!
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i liked it to.. but wholly cow i almost collapsed after only 10 minutes.. how out of shape am i? i didnt realize my abs were being worked too.. thats excellent cause like every other woman out there i'm trying to shake the muffin top
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Nautilus did a similar design 10 or 15 years ago, which was just an attempt to turn the old style "slide board" into a machine. . Right now, the industry is somewhat static. 75%-85% of the people do treadmills and cross trainers. It's hard to come up with innovative new movements on those established machines. Bikes are about 10%. So basically, companies are trying to find something to capture that remaining 5%-10% of the market w/out cannibalizing their existing installed base (and maybe taking away some market share as well).

I don't have a lot of positive things to say about Technogym--the company or its products. Half of what they do is just design gimmicks and marketing smoke and mirrors. Their selectorized strength machines are awful in their biomechanical design.
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I know you wrote this along time ago but if you get this...... Are you talking about the little curved board that takes the place of the stair steps and possible that thing that looks like 1/4 a ball? Let me know
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    no it looks like a treadmill or eliptical machine but you push your feet sideways like your skating...