GOALS

Options
HEY EVERYONE, I AM CHERYL, MY YOUNGEST SON JUST WENT INTO MARINES BOOTCAMP AT PARRIS ISLAND 3 WEEKS AGO. I HAVE SET A GOAL TO LOSE 20 LBS BY THE TIME I GO SEE HIM GRADUATE FROM BOOT CAMP ON AUGUST 21. IT IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY BUT THIS PROGRAM IS WONDERFUL AND I THINK I CAN DO IT!!!!

221623.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• softyntx61
    Options
    :smile:

Hey I like this idea Cheryl! My son is just starting High School and has wanted to be a Marine all his life. He cannot wait to start ROTC in school this year.

I'm on board with you! My son is away visiting his Dad this summer and will be back early August and I doubt I would be down 20 but I'd be happy with somewhere close to there! :)

Good luck!
    Dianne
  • dgoodwin
    dgoodwin Posts: 7
    Options
    That's pretty much my goal. My husband is taking me to Mexico mid august and I would like to lose around 20 lbs by then! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • mzaccardi
    mzaccardi Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies, I'd be happy to join in. My goal would be 20 lbs by August 30th my 24th wedding anniversary. I think that would be the best present I could give my hubby. I think it will be a hard battle for me, but I'm willing to try.

Since April, when my doc said loose weight, control the blood sugar, or we are talking Insulin, i've been watching what I eat and exercising about 5 times a week, I've managed to loose 5 pounds. Very frustrating! At least it's 5 boxes of butter I'm not carrying around :wink:

Cheryl, thank you for your son's service to his country. My daughter has talked about the Air Force for as long as I can remember. She has had to delay because of medical issues, so she has decided to finish her BA in social work before she visits the idea again.

Have an awesome day today ladies and let's check in with each other regularly.

Maria
  • ccone
    ccone Posts: 5
    Options
    We got to start somewhere...I don't know if I can make it or not but I am going to try. Welcome to the Party...It helps to have people to talk to and get ideas from
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best site ever. You will love this site. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MotivatedQuitta86
    Options
    Hey you can do it just stay focus on your goal......My short term goal is to loss 20 pounds before my birthday on August 20.I got 12 pounds to go but hopefully it will be more than that!!!Good Luck
  • ccone
    ccone Posts: 5
    Options
    YOU ARE RIGHT THIS IS THE GREATEST SITE EVER!!!:love::bigsmile: