Gimme your healthy recipe website recs!

Options
For the longest time I based all my kitchen adventures on the wonderful allrecipes.com.

But without the paid membership to that site, the more healthy recipes are somewhat lacking.

Someone on here told me about skinnytaste.com and I've got to say I'm impressed so far.

Any other healthy recipe sites you guys couldn't live without?

Replies

• ChangingTami
    ChangingTami Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    www.thejoyofcleaneating.com

www.cleaneating.com

www.eatingwell.com
  • frzr71186
    frzr71186 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    SparkRecipes.com

I also love their iPhone app!
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've hit the jackpot! I don't have anything to contribute except thank you! :)
  • kristal_1973
    kristal_1973 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Though already mentioned...eatingwell.com is definitely my favorite. I also like delish.com
  • Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've hit the jackpot! I don't have anything to contribute except thank you! :)

I was thinking the same thing!!! :)
  • I have been using www.foodnetwork.com and using any recipe I could find by Ellie Krieger. She has some really tasty & healthy dishes. I am definitely going to try out all of these other websites! Thank you everyone!
  • NYCMom
    NYCMom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    www.southbeachdiet.com

You don't have to register or pay anything. They have 3 different phases (levels) of "healthyness." Phase 1 being the healthiest. They're updated every so often.
  • jwalker831
    jwalker831 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like the blog, Eats Well with Others. http://www.joanne-eatswellwithothers.com/
    She doesn't give calorie counts but all her recipes are healthy, she's fun to read, and I just plug my favorites into the recipe calculator on MFP. One I'm trying soon is her Green Goddess Enchiladas.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    www.fitsugar.com
    You can subscribe to their Nutrition in your RSS Feed

And www.eatingwell.com
  • mish_76
    Options
    healthy food guide, website plus mag. great ideas and healthy receipes with nutritional info. plus lets you know if meal is also low kj, low fat, high protein, dairy free, vegetarian, gluten free and diabetes friendly.
    ITS A GREAT MAG!!!!!!!
  • CariW
    CariW Posts: 1
    Options
    GRILLED BASALMIC ENCRUSTED GARLIC PORK TENDERLOIN (150 CALORIES FOR 3 OUNCES)

* 4-5 garlic cloves, finely minced or crushed
    * 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    * 2 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
    * 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    * 2 tablespoons olive oil
    * 2 pork tenderloins (about 1¼ pounds each)
    * 2 tablespoons canola oil (if preparing in oven)

Stir together garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub the paste all over pork. If you like or have the time, marinate overnight. If not, no worries, it will still be great!

Grill preparation:

Sear the tenderloins on all sides, then grill for about 20-30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. Try to let it rest before slicing.

Oven preparation:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat canola oil in a large, heavy saute pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add pork, and brown all over, about 4 minutes.

Transfer pan to oven. Roast pork, turning occasionally, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees, about 20 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board, and try to let it rest 10 minutes before slicing.
  • luvsthaifood
    luvsthaifood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a few I go to regularly here are a few. Im always surfing looking for fun sites that offer easy quick fix healthy meals!

www.hungry-girl.com (good newsletter and her show is kinda quirky)
    http://www.eatbetteramerica.com
    cookinglight.com
    cookinlean ( a site that she takes paula deens and other chefs recipes and trys to make them healthier)
    jennieo.com
  • whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
  • ChangingTami
    ChangingTami Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    www.skinnymomskitchen.com
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Kalynskitchen.com

Lots of low glycemic, south beach friendly recipes
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    www.fitsugar.com
    You can subscribe to their Nutrition in your RSS Feed

And www.eatingwell.com

I said that wrong...I subscribe to their Healthy Living Feed and their Weight Loss Feed. They also have a Fitness section.