Exercise Calories

Options
I try to exercise at least 20 mins - 30 mins per day. Am I suppose to eat the calories I burn if is goes below by daily calorie goal?

Replies

• emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    Many people have posted this topic.

What type of exercise are you doing? If your only walking dont eat them.
    If your doing a couple hours id say eat half.

To make it more simple if your hungry eat if your not dont
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Yes, MFP's plan is for you to eat back your calories burned because it already gives you a calorie deficit. Some will argue not to. So it is a mixed opinion on here.
  • MKarami
    Options
    I use exercise DVDs. Mostly Denise Austin and the 30 Day Shred. I only ask this because a friend advised me to eat the calories. No matter how careful I track my calories/exercise, I am not losing weight. It's very frustrating.
  • sneckerdoodle
    sneckerdoodle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back the calories i burn off, unless i am extra hungry; then i will eat something low calorie but filling. this
    seems to working for me! i have lost 5.2 lbs. since jan. 2nd, 2012! good luck!
  • MKarami
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. I'm going to eat my exercise calories only if I'm really hungry and see what happens.
  • mtperry9
    mtperry9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I do incorporate the calories burned into my diet. Maybe not all of them, but since my exercise consists of up-tempo cardio and/or weight training ... my body needs the nutrients to replenish what was lost during the workout.

My wife walks for 35-40 minutes on a treadmill daily, she has the same method. Sometimes she diets to her calorie intake with the walking included, sometimes not. She is doing fine losing weight at the rate she initially established.

The program is designed for you to lose weight w/o exercise (simple calorie control). Say you put in that you want to lose a pound a week, your net calories will display what you are allowed to take in to accomplish that goal. Any exercise adds on top of that in which you are allowed to add to your calorie intake while maintaining your goal.