Does it ever get easier? (30DS)

Options
I feel like the most sluggish person on the planet! ugh!

I just finished L1D8 today, and I had to force myself to finsih it. Shouldn't it be getting easier by now?

I must be so far out of shape it's not even funny. I mean I have like NO endurance! What is WRONG with me?!

:'(

I've got the will...I just don't have the energy to do much. Ugh! Please tell me I'm not alone and it gets better. This just feels ridiculous! Why do I no have any "steam"? What gives you energy? Fruits and Veggies?

Replies

• Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    It does. A little over a year ago I struggled with level 1 of the 30 DS. Today I'm on my second round of Insanity. Stick with it and you will get there! I promise!

As for food, try eating a bowl of oatmeal 30 minutes before working out.
  • ashtonscoggins
    ashtonscoggins Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Im also doing 30DS and every day is different! Some days I think its gotten easier others it feels just as hard as it did the first day. Im on level 1 day 7 .. most the time after I finish it I drink a protein shake and take a warm bath to relax my muscles. I thought id get frisky and do it for a second time today and I couldnt even make it to the second circuit :(
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Have you been doing it everyday? Sometimes your body needs a break especially when you're doing the same workout every day. I'm on L3D2 and I've taken breaks every 5 days or so. It is a difficult workout, but I believe you can do it. Good luck!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I just finished L1D8 today, and I had to force myself to finsih it. Shouldn't it be getting easier by now?

I must be so far out of shape it's not even funny. I mean I have like NO endurance! What is WRONG with me?!

I've got the will...I just don't have the energy to do much. Ugh! Please tell me I'm not alone and it gets better. This just feels ridiculous! Why do I no have any "steam"? What gives you energy? Fruits and Veggies?

Are you by chance eating low carb?

Yes, it SHOULD get easier each day, but if your fitness level was extremely low to begin with, it will be a slower process.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Im on L2D7 and it does get a tad easier...but by them time it does get easier its time to move to the next level and it starts all over again. 30DS is hard but thats why it works! You need to feel your body with things that give you energy, protein, fiber, and good carbs. All of these will help you power through tough work outs! Stick with it, because it sure does pay off!!!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It WILL get easier. The important thing is to keep at it and don't give up :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your daily calorie goal is but if it is not high enough you may not have enough energy. Do you eat anything before working out?
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Im also doing 30DS and every day is different! Some days I think its gotten easier others it feels just as hard as it did the first day. Im on level 1 day 7 .. most the time after I finish it I drink a protein shake and take a warm bath to relax my muscles. I thought id get frisky and do it for a second time today and I couldnt even make it to the second circuit :(

You sound like me! In my mind I can do all this stuff. I attempted to do it twice one day because I had missed the day before. I managed to do it in the morning, and then when I attempted in the evening I got like a minute in and shut it off. LoL

Man if only my body lived up to the expectations in my head! lololol That's probably most people though. haha
  • ojell
    Options
    I don't know what your daily calorie goal is but if it is not high enough you may not have enough energy. Do you eat anything before working out?

It's 1200. If I workout in the morning, no I dont because I've heard that if you eat something first you burn those calories you just ate and not from your body. Now in the evening, I usually try to eat either some fruit a 1/2 hour before or something a little bigger an hour before.
  • ojell
    Options

Are you by chance eating low carb?

Yes, it SHOULD get easier each day, but if your fitness level was extremely low to begin with, it will be a slower process.

Yes.

I just remember over the summer I made it through a month of Insanity which was way harder than 30DS and it really did get easier. I'm just not sure what I'm doing different now.
  • mamalula
    Options
    I know how you feel! I have done 13 days of level 2 and I am just too scared to move on to level 3. I did 10 days of level 1 and then took 2 days off (as it was my birthday weekend) and then monday am started first day of level 2, I nearly died. But I am getting much better at level 2 now (well after 13days you would hope so!) But I don't want to move on until I can do all the plank exercises without collapsing half way through! Oh and the idea of level 3 is just so scary I can't even imagine what Jillian has got lined up for me! Keep going at your own pace you will see improvements, sometimes you just need to give it a bit more time! Good luck
  • ojell
    Options
    Have you been doing it everyday? Sometimes your body needs a break especially when you're doing the same workout every day. I'm on L3D2 and I've taken breaks every 5 days or so. It is a difficult workout, but I believe you can do it. Good luck!

Yea, I have unintentionally taken 2 days since I began.
  • ojell
    Options
    I know how you feel! I have done 13 days of level 2 and I am just too scared to move on to level 3. I did 10 days of level 1 and then took 2 days off (as it was my birthday weekend) and then monday am started first day of level 2, I nearly died. But I am getting much better at level 2 now (well after 13days you would hope so!) But I don't want to move on until I can do all the plank exercises without collapsing half way through! Oh and the idea of level 3 is just so scary I can't even imagine what Jillian has got lined up for me! Keep going at your own pace you will see improvements, sometimes you just need to give it a bit more time! Good luck

Thanks! I appreciate that! And you sound like you're doing a great job! FTR - I've been told Level 3 isn't quite as bad as Level 2. ;)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

It's 1200. If I workout in the morning, no I dont because I've heard that if you eat something first you burn those calories you just ate and not from your body. Now in the evening, I usually try to eat either some fruit a 1/2 hour before or something a little bigger an hour before.

This is probably the reason you are tired and sluggish. Were you eating 1200 back when you did Insanity? You probably need a before workout and an after workout snack.
  • ojell
    Options
    I don't remember. I think I was probably eating more. I never know what to eat before a workout to be honest. I usually just eat some fruit 1/2 hour before to give me some quick energy. In the morning, I don't eat anyting before a workout.

I'm dumb to all of this stuff. I clearly have no idea what I'm doing. lol
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to up your calorie intake. Around 1500 maybe?
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i eat a banana and a greek yogurt about 30-60 minutes before every workout to ensure i have energy.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I make sure I eat something (at least 100-150) calories half hour to an hour before I work out. It helps a LOT with my energy levels.

I would definitely suggest trying to add in more calories at least for a week and see if it helps your workouts.
  • ESP12
    ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Don't worry so much about L3. It is harder only because it is different [more high intensity jumping type exercises, I'd say]
    If you remember before L2, you were probably apprehensive too, and now you are doing it. L1 and L2 well prepare you for L3, by now your arms and core are much stronger for all the extra plank type stuff. I psyched myself up over how hard I imagined L3 might be too -not as bad as I thought.
    -Elke [ day 22, D4L3]
  • itsmskimmichelle
    itsmskimmichelle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should eat more. Your muscles need nutrients to function properly. Try eating a banana 30 mins before.